Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:43 AM)
Hear ya. Does Fulmer have much value to add to any of these packages?...

He meant Michael Fulmer, of the Tigers.

They got him back from the Mets in exchange for Yoenis Cespedes a few years ago at the deadline.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:43 AM)
Hear ya. Does Fulmer have much value to add to any of these packages?...

Hopefully we get some insight as to what is going on. Smoke has certainly calmed down on the trade front.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
Hopefully we get some insight as to what is going on. Smoke has certainly calmed down on the trade front.

Has it? It seems to be like the guys who came out a couple days ago saying things were getting close are just twiddling their fingers smiling as if something is about to happen at any moment. I dont get any sense that anyone is saying that their initial reports have changed in any way.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
He meant Michael Fulmer, of the Tigers.

They got him back from the Mets in exchange for Yoenis Cespedes a few years ago at the deadline.

I was talking about adding Carson Fulmer into any of these packages with a possible Cub trade...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:51 AM)
I was talking about adding Carson Fulmer into any of these packages with a possible Cub trade...

Gotcha.

I figured that might be the case, but seemed coincidental.

My bad.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:50 AM)
Has it? It seems to be like the guys who came out a couple days ago saying things were getting close are just twiddling their fingers smiling as if something is about to happen at any moment. I dont get any sense that anyone is saying that their initial reports have changed in any way.

I feel like things are happening, but the total lack of info leak is killing me

Other suitors fanbases do not seem to know much either

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:40 AM)
It's funny to see how Cubs fans value Schwarber and how all other fanbase value him now. People on northsidebaseball.com were pissed at the thought of the Babe for Michael Fulmer. Where as every other fanbase thought it was a joke of an offer.

I personally think he's overrated in Cubsdom, but will still be a very nice DH at some point. Certainly not a headliner for Q anymore though.

Thing is, nice DHs aren't very hard to find, and they aren't that expensive. That is a roster spot you if fill via FA when you're ready, not waste a precious asset like Q on. I'd be fine with Schwarber as a part of a Q deal, but only in a something that also includes Eloy. Which I doubt is going to happen.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:03 AM)
Thing is, nice DHs aren't very hard to find, and they aren't that expensive. That is a roster spot you if fill via FA when you're ready, not waste a precious asset like Q on. I'd be fine with Schwarber as a part of a Q deal, but only in a something that also includes Eloy. Which I doubt is going to happen.

I agree. Or you use it as a rotating spot. Like you have 9 guys capable of playing at least close to average defense (say like 4 potential every day OF) but each day one gets to rest their legs and DH.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:03 AM)

Exactly.

A Q to Cubs deal has low chance of happening, but Schwarber could not headline on his own as a DH only player. I do think Schwarber will bounce back and figure things out eventually though.

Sox want the premium position prospects back, and I don't blame them.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 08:38 AM)
This really hit a screeching halt.

I can't believe we got sucked in again. This happened every two weeks or so from December to April and we fell for it EVERY SINGLE TIME. I feel like we should really know better by now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:09 PM)
Pretty sure the first BA mock draft had Sox taking Happ, and IIRC had Sox taking Judge and Trout also

IIRC, it was Keith Law who had us drafting Trout. Jared Mitchell wasn't even in his first round mock, where as BA had Mitchell go way before the Sox picks.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)
I can't believe we got sucked in again. This happened every two weeks or so from December to April and we fell for it EVERY SINGLE TIME. I feel like we should really know better by now.

If we don't hear anything new today I feel Q will take the mound for his Sunday start.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
I agree. Or you use it as a rotating spot. Like you have 9 guys capable of playing at least close to average defense (say like 4 potential every day OF) but each day one gets to rest their legs and DH.

Yeah I loved when we had that setup with Kotsay

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:41 AM)

I can't believe anyone bought into it either. A oft injured A ball pitcher who is on the brink of a promotion and on an innings count, gets pulled from a start with stormy weather, add that to a top prospect who has been inactive, not being in the line up, add that to a supposed Ken Rosenthal tweet, yanked so fast no one has a screen shot, about a possible unusual trade. Ignore Rosenthal's facebook page post about a crazy potential trade between Miami and Philadelphia , clearly it's Quintana to the Cubs.

Edited by Dick Allen

I am on a Sunday deadline in my mind for the momentum to hit a screeching halt. I feel no different about it today then I did yesterday. As long as something happens before Sunday I am good. If it doesnt then yeah, I will be in pissed off mode because I still have to endure the waiting.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
Yeah I loved when we had that setup with Kotsay

That was also more of a platoon since Kotsay only played against righties (with Andruw Jones against lefties). They played Kotsay at 1B a lot with Paulie at DH and DH'd Quentin with Jones in RF often. Honestly, it wasn't bad (considering the season our next DH had the following year...).

Edit: just checked their numbers that year. Jones was a very good platoon bat but Kotsay was underwhelming and him more towards the bottom third anyway.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
I can't believe anyone bought into it either. A oft injured A ball pitcher who is on the brink of a promotion and on an innings count, gets pulled from a start with stormy weather, add that to a top prospect who has been inactive, not being in the line up, add that to a supposed Ken Rosenthal tweet, yanked so fast no one has a screen shot, about a possible unusual trade. Ignore Rosenthal's facebook page post about a crazy potential trade between Miami and Philadelphia , clearly it's Quintana to the Cubs.

I think he just meant in general since Tuesday.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
What does that mean Shipps....give me some details!!!

Dave is hearing some big stuff from his sources. Could mean nothing but he definitely has some legit sources.