Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
It's smart to get this done sooner than later because of other teams still in limbo in regards to whether they're buying or selling.

Q is the domino that needs to drop for the rest of the market to heat up it seems. We have plenty of other pieces on sale right now ready to move.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
I really dislike the Jim M. "deep sigh, why do I have to write about this" genre of articles.

https://www.southsidesox.com/2017/7/12/1595...ir-delivery-too

He has a point. We have heard it all before. Hahn may be lying, but he has said before nothing was anywhere near close with Q. You wouldn't have concluded that with the previous rumors, the exact same kind of rumors we see now. This could be more BS. I think he is like many like me who are at the point of I believe it when I see it. I am not at the point where I am refreshing the screen every 10 seconds, because I bought too much of it previously. Eventually it will happen. Maybe today. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Maybe next winter. Maybe in 2020.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
It's smart to get this done sooner than later because of other teams still in limbo in regards to whether they're buying or selling.

Probably a huge reason as to why the Sox are trying to strike now.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
He has a point. We have heard it all before. Hahn may be lying, but he has said before nothing was anywhere near close with Q. You wouldn't have concluded that with the previous rumors, the exact same kind of rumors we see now. This could be more BS. I think he is like many like me who are at the point of I believe it when I see it. Eventually it will happen. Maybe today. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Maybe next winter. Maybe in 2020.

Yeah, the way that this seems to be coming from only people with White Sox connections, and Hahn is notoriously stealthy, I think the odds are this is posturing to drive the market to flinch and give in to Hahns demands. I believe that Hahn had a lot of conversations with guys the last couple of days and so they all know he is pushing to get a deal done.

I think Q is almost certainly traded before Monday at this point, but I really don't believe something is imminent. I think the Brewers are an unlikely trading partner and they are being floated out there to put pressure on the other teams in contention in the NL.

Nightengale has nothing. Rosenthal has nothing. Heyman has nothing. Passan was all over the place, nothing specific. Those guys saying something is close would seem to help the White Sox extract a bigger package. So if something is close, I question the lack of leaks, unless the package is so premium, they would be worried the opposite side would pull out if word leaked out.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
Nightengale has nothing. Rosenthal has nothing. Heyman has nothing. Passan was all over the place, nothing specific. Those guys saying something is close would seem to help the White Sox extract a bigger package. So if something is close, I question the lack of leaks, unless the package is so premium, they would be worried the opposite side would pull out if word leaked out.

There is smoke from our local guys, but outside of Passan saying "maybe" there is not much to go off of.

I'm with you Dick, I'll buy in much more once national guys tweet about it.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)
There is smoke from our local guys, but outside of Passan saying "maybe" there is not much to go off of.

I'm with you Dick, I'll buy in much more once national guys tweet about it.

Just to be clear, once the national guys tweet about it, the deal is basically done (in our experience with this FO). '

You guys may as well basically ignore the twitterverse.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:13 AM)

But the almost three team deal on Christmas Eve wasn't really reported until a few months later right? We have a couple weeks til the deadline still but I trust Rabbit and Dave. I also know not to jump the gun and will wait til a big name says it's close or done.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:17 AM)
Just to be clear, once the national guys tweet about it, the deal is basically done (in our experience with this FO). '

You guys may as well basically ignore the twitterverse.

This is how it works now, Rabbit and Dave provide all the build-up, and then when a national guy jumps in, it's done. Something's definitely brewing.

Everything that gets out is by design. It's all posturing until it's done.

Said it before- not shocked if it happens today. Not surprised if it happens July 31st at 3pm. Might be a little surprised if he's still on the team on August 1st. I do believe they want to move him this time.

It's also pretty early in the day and everyone was consumed with the All-Star Game yesterday. The national guys don't like to tweet until anything is fairly concrete and I doubt any of the teams bidding want others to know how close it is (in case teams jump in).

Just for context, the Sale trade had some random guy on the Boston message boards leak the package early in the day, then delete his post. Info can come from the weirdest places.

Plus, I believe Rabbit after the 3-way trade with Pitt was basically confirmed by Hahn, and he seems pretty definite that something's up. I do think the timeline is not set in stone though - guys like WSD keep saying "enjoy the next few days" - which makes me think there's either multiple moves brewing or it'll be a bidding war/process.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
He has a point. We have heard it all before. Hahn may be lying, but he has said before nothing was anywhere near close with Q. You wouldn't have concluded that with the previous rumors, the exact same kind of rumors we see now. This could be more BS. I think he is like many like me who are at the point of I believe it when I see it. I am not at the point where I am refreshing the screen every 10 seconds, because I bought too much of it previously. Eventually it will happen. Maybe today. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. Maybe next winter. Maybe in 2020.

I don't recall ever hearing something about this being close.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:00 AM)
That post was a reference to a twitter user reporting trade rumors related to Quintana who had a user handle of "gay bar tourist".

Tweet linked earlier today

It's called comedy. Humor.

As a moderator I'd suspect that you're supposed to have enough composure to either ignore users who you don't care for or at least abide by the rule of not engaging in a personal attack.

Contrary to your statement, I do contribute... have contributed for what... 13 years... and have no intention of getting lost. My personality is not a "shtick" that can be subjected to your arbitrary judgement and presented as objective fact.

In this case, my wit likely went over your head and your continued personal disdain towards me lead to you yourself breaking a board policy.

Just ignore me. There's plenty of other moderators on the forums who can take me off your hands.

It really isn't funny, especially the fecal obsession. It isn't about ignoring someone when it happens over and over and over. If you really want to keep around, it needs to change.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:21 AM)
But the almost three team deal on Christmas Eve wasn't really reported until a few months later right? We have a couple weeks til the deadline still but I trust Rabbit and Dave. I also know not to jump the gun and will wait til a big name says it's close or done.

And it wasn't Q. That was sort of taken out of context by many. It was a Hahn quote from Soxfest when someone asked him about trade timing. He said he had something that he thought would be done on Christmas Eve that didn't happen. I'm thinking it's Robertson to the Nats, because a couple of months later Hahn said there hasn't been anything close with Q.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:50 AM)
And it wasn't Q. That was sort of taken out of context by many. It was a Hahn quote from Soxfest when someone asked him about trade timing. He said he had something that he thought would be done on Christmas Eve that didn't happen. I'm thinking it's Robertson to the Nats, because a couple of months later Hahn said there hasn't been anything close with Q.

That's a good point.