Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:39 PM)
whitesoxdave‏

@barstoolWSD

Haven't heard anything at all today buttttt apparently Cease was just scratch from his start tonight

Cubs number 2 prospect number 63 in MLB top 100. Doubt it has anything to do with the sox.

It's hard to believe this rebuild started with such a bang, and 7 months later we are still awaiting the next trade.

Although I think he can be a very useful player, I don't think he is an .800 OPS guy, and I doubt anyone else does either, but the stock will never be higher with Leury Garcia if he can get back soon. No use waiting for a future bench player on the team when it is good again to get more expensive. That's another guy I would be looking to move.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
It's hard to believe this rebuild started with such a bang, and 7 months later we are still awaiting the next trade.

Kinda figured it would be that way. Could say the same had they traded Q in December.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
Also, I am going to be very interested to see who in Charlotte is mirroring Q. It almost has to be either Giolito or Lopez.

I really don't think either of those guys is coming up when Q gets traded. 2nd half rotation: Rodon/Shields/Pelfrey/Gonzalez/Return of Covey or Holmberg. They want to lose and lose a lot. Could obviously see Lopez at some point but I don't think Giolito is an option yet.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
Kinda figured it would be that way. Could say the same had they traded Q in December.

While I figured some guys would be left, I figured once the traded Sale and Eaton, at least another 1 or 2 would have been gone before the season started. Obviously, expecting 8 or 10 major league trades in a couple of months is a bit much, but I thought it would be at least a little bit quicker.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)
I really don't think either of those guys is coming up when Q gets traded. 2nd half rotation: Rodon/Shields/Pelfrey/Gonzalez/Return of Covey or Holmberg. They want to lose and lose a lot. Could obviously see Lopez at some point but I don't think Giolito is an option yet.

Pelfrey and Gonzalez, or at the very least Gonzalez, shouldn't be here August 1. Pelfrey may well have zero value and not be able to be traded, but I expect him to be DFA'd shortly.

Who says no or do they both do it:

White Sox: Quintana

Yankees: Frazier, Andujar, Fowler

Braves: Acuna, Soroka, Gohara +lotto

Brewers: Brinson, Dubon, Phillips +lotto

Rockies: Rodgers, McMahon, Lambert

Edited by whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:31 PM)
Retweeted by rabbit:

barstool carl‏

@barstoolcarl

Dylan Cease scratched again. Feels like this is to accommodate high up MLB execs at other teams to get a look at him. Big hunch.

I really think there is about a 1% chance this is Q related. More likely it is Grey or Verlander related.

QUOTE (whitesoxwinner @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)

It would likely appear that all of the opposing parties are saying no... or we'd likely have a deal made. That said, we won't know for sure for at least another 19 wonderfully slow days. Yay.

Here's another question... how far away "prospect power" wise are Tatis Jr. and Eloy?

QUOTE (whitesoxwinner @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)

#1 Sox say no

#2 Sox say yes, close the deal and run before the Braves realize what they just did

#3 Meh, Sox say no. Need a better second piece than Dubon

#4 Interesting for sure, could be a potential framework.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)

Although I think he can be a very useful player, I don't think he is an .800 OPS guy, and I doubt anyone else does either, but the stock will never be higher with Leury Garcia if he can get back soon. No use waiting for a future bench player on the team when it is good again to get more expensive. That's another guy I would be looking to move.

Might not be a terrible idea, but at the same time, he's only 26 and plays a pretty good CF. If he's a .725 OPS player or the whereabouts, he's probably a 2-3 WAR player, which isn't nothing.

As weird as it sounds, I think that's a guy for whom you have to get really good value, like an overpayment. I was going to compare it to Eduardo Nunez last year, but you need more than that.