Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:57 PM)
Not my preferred time to trade Rodon, coming off an injury and a few starts.

Now would definitely be a strange time to try and deal him. It might be worth considering this off-season if he has a strong 2nd half of the season. But I don't see a team dealing a top ~15 prospect for a non elite pitcher that missed 2 1/2 months with a biceps injury.

QUOTE (turnin' two @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:02 AM)
Bruce Levine is more likely to get a scoop, well, maybe not, throw enough crap against the wall...

Mentioned Braves as interested in Q and then talked about Duffy and Kennedy being on Cubs radar

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:52 PM)
He will at some point, he won't be extended and he will hit free agency right in the middle of the contention window. If he has a second half similar to last season I can see him getting moved over the winter especially with the what quality pitching is going to cost in FA.

It's way too early to tell if he won't be extended. For now he's very young and very controllable and hasn't even scratched his potential. He fits right into the rebuild, and I highly doubt he gets moved.

QUOTE (whitesoxwinner @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:04 PM)
It's way too early to tell if he won't be extended. For now he's very young and very controllable and hasn't even scratched his potential. He fits right into the rebuild, and I highly doubt he gets moved.

So cute. So full of hope. 2 words: Scott Boras.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:10 PM)
He means promotion to A+

Ah that makes alot more sense. Usually when I see "callup" then people mean to the show. Usually "promoted" is a better word.

Cease has been a stud this year though.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:06 PM)
So cute. So full of hope. 2 words: Scott Boras.

Boras has negotiated extensions before, not like it can't be done. Even if he does opt for free agency in like 5 years, we will need him for the start of contention. You don't trade away a guy who has all the potential in the world and hasn't even scratched it yet as a 24 year old just because you're in a rebuild. Thats how you become continually bad.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:12 PM)
Ah that makes alot more sense. Usually when I see "callup" then people mean to the show. Usually "promoted" is a better word.

Cease has been a stud this year though.

Great stuff but yet to see someone say he will stick as a starter

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:04 PM)
Mentioned Braves as interested in Q and then talked about Duffy and Kennedy being on Cubs radar

I just can't see KC selling. I wouldn't if I was them either.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:19 PM)
1.) Source?

2.) Even if they are calling him up, is it typical to have a pitcher pulled from his normal starting day (considering side work, routine, regimen, development) hours before the game for a call-up? I don't think that's normal, I don't think it's fair to the pitcher and I don't think it's good for development. Now what if I told you the same thing happened last week? Because it did. Difference is last week the media came out right way and said he would be pitching the next day. Today, the media hasn't said a word about Cease. News broke 4 hours ago that he has been scratched. Why hasn't anyone told the media he's pitching the next day, he is getting promoted, or he has an injury? Seems a little weird to me.

The Cubs aren't a stupid organization. Why are they jerking around their best pitching prospect repeatedly?

Mark Gonzalez said they were considering promoting him and said he is at his innings total of last year and has limited innings left this season, so skipping a turn isn't that big of a deal.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 06:36 PM)
Where did he say that? His Twitter has been inactive since this morning.

It isn't weird to be skipping with a young pitcher. The circumstances around this hypothetical are weird today and they were weird last week. The Cubs can promote Cease, the Cubs can have him skip a start. Why are they pulling from his starts hours before to do it? You could have made the same point last week. They didn't do either of those things though. They just moved him back a day. If what you propose is the case, can't they give him notice? Why jerk him around if the concern is his development?

In the Tribune on Monday. If you google Dylan Cease, you will find the article.I don't know why the Cubs do what the do. That is their business. Maybe he has some soreness. Maybe this particular time it was weather related. I have no idea. You would probably have to ask the Cubs.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 05:17 PM)
I just can't see KC selling. I wouldn't if I was them either.

Listened to that segment with Bruce. Dude clearly doesn't know anything, just spitballing. I almost laughed out loud at the Royals thing - he didn't even say they were scouting them, he just Duffy and Kennedy's names out there randomly.

It was truly bizzare and seems like he hasn't been paying attention since June.