Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:19 PM)
In other news, I think Ken Rosenthal is no longer writing for Fox Sports.

Edit: Fox Sports is going to all video.

Kind of a ridiculous decision. One tweet I saw summed it up best- "this is like the Angels cutting Mike Trout".

I guess it's not like him being cut, but more like him being limited to only 1 AB per game.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:23 PM)
Kind of a ridiculous decision. One tweet I saw summed it up best- "this is like the Angels cutting Mike Trout".

I guess it's not like him being cut, but more like him being limited to only 1 AB per game.

No kidding. Really the best asset they have. Hmmm, come to think of it, I can't even name another.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Braves fan here, been following Quintana trade possibilities for awhile. I got the notification from Rosenthal as well. Saw the piece about an unexpected trade looming. Didn't see team or players named. Of course it was deleted instantly.

Yeah buddy! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Braves fan here, been following Quintana trade possibilities for awhile. I got the notification from Rosenthal as well. Saw the piece about an unexpected trade looming. Didn't see team or players named. Of course it was deleted instantly.

HERE IT IS

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:25 PM)

OB, I remember you from before.

A fellow Braves fan of yours checked in earlier...do you agree with his thoughts about the Braves' reluctance to move any of their top bats?

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:25 PM)

Wow thanks for posting, much appreciated. Gotta wonder why he deleted in that case.

Edited by Username

How about the Pirates as a dark horse. We know they had interest in the offseason. Onley keeps speculating the Dodgers wanting McCutchen. How about a three way.

Dodgers get McCutchen

Pirates get Quintana

White Sox get Verdugo, Alvarez, Glasnow, Craig

Pirates have an outside chance this year and this helps their chances the next three years. They aren't going to rebuild.

Edited by striker

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)
According to 90% of Twitter Cubs fans, we are being blessed with Schwarber and John Lackey for Quintana!

I was kinda half kidding, but wonder if he'd be part of the deal.

Honestly, I'm just done with rumors, so I'll be going now...

Hope something happens tomorrow.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:39 PM)
You guys don't think the deleted tweet was a poorly worded clickbait title for his FB post he made 1 hour ago about the Phillies and Marlins talking Stanton?

Well... that sure is logical. ( damn )

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
You guys don't think the deleted tweet was a poorly worded clickbait title for his FB post he made 1 hour ago about the Phillies and Marlins talking Stanton?

Perhaps, but that tweet is still there, and every person I've seen who claims to have seen this tweet (those who don't know what it was about and those who claim it was about us and the Cubs) used the word "unexpected" in their retelling, so there's at least a common thread between those who think it's about us and those who don't know.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
OB, I remember you from before.

A fellow Braves fan of yours checked in earlier...do you agree with his thoughts about the Braves' reluctance to move any of their top bats?

I saw Enscheffs posts, he is a regular at talking chop where I post. And I posted here frequently all offseason, and started reading here daily again about a week or so ago. Side note, I like your board! Homerism is present for all fans of all teams of course, but I feel as though you have a really reasonable well informed fan base.

I don't really agree that the Braves follow the surplus value model Enscheff presented, so I don't personally agree with that reasoning, although his logic is sound and well presented.

I said back in the offseason I didn't think the Braves would trade Acuna or Maitan. I think that is more true now than it was this offseason. I think they would trade any pitcher, and even though the Whitesox have great young pitchers, they could use a top shelf lefty. Allard is our best pitching prospect, but I think he could be had. I believe he's better, and held in higher regard than Newcomb, even though the later is in our rotation. I do think they would trade Albies. I know Ensheff doesn't like him, but Austin Riley is a legit prospect and could be trade fodder as well. He has real plus power and many scouts are enthused about his improving body and defensive work. He also has a cannon. He's probably in the 120-150 range for many listers.

People with sources I've talked to seem to think we'd prefer to trade Allard to Soroka, which I disagree with, but whatever. I'd be surprised if they gave up both Allard AND Albies since they are both too 25ish guys. For those mentioning Pache, if he were the third piece, be psyched. Wait until Longerhans at FG's list is published, he LOVES Pache, and I believe him to be the best public evaluator. I'd hate to lose Pache, but I believe they'd include him.

The Braves will trade anyone from depth. We have a ton of pitching and a good amount of MI. Our outfield depth is ok enough we can lose Pache.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 07:49 PM)
I saw Enscheffs posts, he is a regular at talking chop where I post. And I posted here frequently all offseason, and started reading here daily again about a week or so ago. Side note, I like your board! Homerism is present for all fans of all teams of course, but I feel as though you have a really reasonable well informed fan base.

I don't really agree that the Braves follow the surplus value model Enscheff presented, so I don't personally agree with that reasoning, although his logic is sound and well presented.

I said back in the offseason I didn't think the Braves would trade Acuna or Maitan. I think that is more true now than it was this offseason. I think they would trade any pitcher, and even though the Whitesox have great young pitchers, they could use a top shelf lefty. Allard is our best pitching prospect, but I think he could be had. I believe he's better, and held in higher regard than Newcomb, even though the later is in our rotation. I do think they would trade Albies. I know Ensheff doesn't like him, but Austin Riley is a legit prospect and could be trade fodder as well. He has real plus power and many scouts are enthused about his improving body and defensive work. He also has a cannon. He's probably in the 120-150 range for many listers.

People with sources I've talked to seem to think we'd prefer to trade Allard to Soroka, which I disagree with, but whatever. I'd be surprised if they gave up both Allard AND Albies since they are both too 25ish guys. For those mentioning Pache, if he were the third piece, be psyched. Wait until Longerhans at FG's list is published, he LOVES Pache, and I believe him to be the best public evaluator. I'd hate to lose Pache, but I believe they'd include him.

The Braves will trade anyone from depth. We have a ton of pitching and a good amount of MI. Our outfield depth is ok enough we can lose Pache.

Well done!

I hope to have you continue to lurk as long as you'd like!