Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:40 PM)
Great post, welcome.

I feel the braves are interested, but remain on the periphery for now.

I still like my compromise deal of albies/gohara/pache/lotto for quintana as being fair for each side. Remains to be seen in the next few weeks what happens.

I agree with you.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:45 AM)
Sorry late to the party been working all day, so what did these tweet say. And the DanB guys Twitter says no pros are included so that means no Happ or Schwarber if he's legit. So probably Cease, Jimenez, Cadlareo, and who? And this is not a great package IMO Jimenez is definitely not the main piece I'd want out of those talked about. Just interested in hearing what led to this Cubs hype?

As a main piece, Eloy is about as good as you could hope for

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:51 PM)
As a main piece, Eloy is about as good as you could hope for

Can't argue that. Eloy/Robles/Acuna in any order I believe are the best three OF prospects in the game. I like both Eloy and Acuna best, personally as I think they have better offensive potential. Nevertheless, Eloy is a clear tier above Tucker, and is a hell of a centerpiece if this somehow is true. I kind of hope it is, because it would be the most ridiculous news break I've seen, although I'd hate to miss out on Q. Maybe the Cubs just properly rate him. He's definitely a stud and is significantly better than Teheran, our "defacto Ace".

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:45 PM)
So probably Cease, Jimenez, Cadlareo, and who? And this is not a great package IMO Jimenez is definitely not the main piece I'd want out of those talked about. Just interested in hearing what led to this Cubs hype?

Jimenez is legit. I'd be stoked to get him. Cease on the other hand is a question mark. Great stuff (throws 100+, great breaking ball, etc), but as fathom pointed out earlier, scouts have questioned if he's a starter long term. Plus, he's had TJS before. He's a good second piece, but risky.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 08:57 PM)
Can't argue that. Eloy/Robles/Acuna in any order I believe are the best three OF prospects in the game. I like both Eloy and Acuna best, personally as I think they have better offensive potential. Nevertheless, Eloy is a clear tier above Tucker, and is a hell of a centerpiece if this somehow is true. I kind of hope it is, because it would be the most ridiculous news break I've seen, although I'd hate to miss out on Q. Maybe the Cubs just properly rate him. He's definitely a stud and is significantly better than Teheran, our "defacto Ace".

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Teheran has shown some life as of late. I suspect he will bring back plenty of value should you choose to move him in the offseason or next deadline.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:57 PM)
Can't argue that. Eloy/Robles/Acuna in any order I believe are the best three OF prospects in the game. I like both Eloy and Acuna best, personally as I think they have better offensive potential.

He and Acuna both looked outstanding in the Futures Game.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:58 AM)
Jimenez is legit. I'd be stoked to get him. Cease on the other hand is a question mark. Great stuff (throws 100+, great breaking ball, etc), but as fathom pointed out earlier, scouts have questioned if he's a starter long term. Plus, he's had TJS before. He's a good second piece, but risky.

Cease should be 2-b as a prospect with a 2-a involved and I would be surprised if it's not Candelario (I'm not a fan)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)

Yeah, I'm not a huge Cease fan, but I'll take him as the 2nd piece if Jimenez is the headliner.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Teheran has shown some life as of late. I suspect he will bring back plenty of value should you choose to move him in the offseason or next deadline.

He has for sure, I just get tired of a small vocal segment of our fanbase saying he is Q's equivalent. Most of us know this is false.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:01 PM)
Cease should be 2-b as a prospect with a 2-a involved and I would be surprised if it's not Candelario (I'm not a fan)

I'm not a Candelario fan either... at all. Said that months ago when I was gushing over Ian Happ before he got called up.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 10:57 PM)

As a Braves fan what's your take on Maitan? There's been a lot of back and forth on this board, interested in hearing what you think the organizations opinion of him is in Atlanta as well as fans take.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:03 PM)
If it is the Cubs, hope for Victor Carantini as a 3rd/4th piece. Recent helium and is blocked.

Honestly, I was just thinking about him earlier tonight. Given our catching situation, he'd be a great guy to target at the back end of the deal.

I'm a little shocked there are actually folks who would be unhappy with getting Eloy for Q. He's exactly the type of return Hahn has been holding out for the entire time.

As a Braves fan I hope this is true, and it keeps the Braves from buying a pitcher like Q a year before they are truly in a position to do so.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:04 PM)
I'm not a Candelario fan either... at all. Said that months ago when I was gushing over Ian Happ before he got called up.

Candelario makes sense for the Cubs though since he's blocked, personally after Jimenez nothing really excites me without Happ or Schwarber in the conversation. I also thought Melky would be a great player on the Cubs, seems like they could use his intensity and the fun he brings. Obviously that would mean they would have to trade one of Happ, Almora Jr., or Scharwber (who I really think they need to trade while his value is still there. Him playing D I think is hurting him at the plate, and he needs to be in the AL as a 1B or DH or another team that needs a 1B).

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
As a Braves fan what's your take on Maitan? There's been a lot of back and forth on this board, interested in hearing what you think the organizations opinion of him is in Atlanta as well as fans take.

Maitan will be Acuna in 2 years. That's what chop country thinks of him.

QUOTE (Enscheff @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 09:07 PM)
I'm a little shocked there are actually folks who would be unhappy with getting Eloy for Q. He's exactly the type of return Hahn has been holding out for the entire time.

As a Braves fan I hope this is true, and it keeps the Braves from buying a pitcher like Q a year before they are truly in a position to do so.

Pretty tough to complain about getting EJ IMO, unless it's EJ and absolutely nothing else of value.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 04:07 AM)
It's a shame the Brewers just drafted Hiura. He reminded me so much of Happ in college.

Pretty sure the first BA mock draft had Sox taking Happ, and IIRC had Sox taking Judge and Trout also

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 11:04 PM)

Other than the generational talent etc. etc. comments I think the main hold up on trading him is because he isn't able to be valued properly. A guy with a lot of hype, warranted or not, can't be the BIG centerpiece. We'd have to trade him as a 2nd/3rd piece when he could be a year and a half away from being the majority of a deal. So while I think they do love him, it's equally about recognizing its irresponsible to trade an asset before it reaches maturation. From the Sox perspective, no matter how much talent Maitan has, it would be equally irresponsible to accept such an unknown quantity as a headliner. I'm sure they'd love him as a second piece, but Braves wouldn't consider that.