Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:30 PM)
Tapia, McMahon and Pint would be a good deal. With that said, I don't think Rockies trade for Q.

I'd be pretty surprised if Tapia moves. He's been in their everyday lineup for the last couple weeks at the MLB level. If Rodgers isn't on the table, maybe Tapia's production makes Dahl expendable? Dahl, McMahon, Pint might work, though Pint hasn't been very good this year.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:34 PM)
I don't think the Rockies trade for Q.

Yeah, they never made much sense to me. Freeland, Hoffman and Gray look like long term starters there, and Chatwood, Anderson, Marquez have shown flashes.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:38 PM)
I don't see the true fit.

Sadly, I feel the Yankees make the most sense, but I don't think Cashman will do it.

Outside of that, I'd prefer Atlanta or the Dodgers.

Until Saturday night when Q struck out 10 of them ;)

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:42 PM)
It's going to be the Braves and I am not a huge fan of their prospects

Outside of Albies/Acuna/Maitan, I agree. Their pitching prospect depth is good but I'm sure we'll (rightfully) be targeting position players, and they may not give up any of the big 3.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
Change Tapia to Dahl and you might have something there, but no way I accept a deal where Tapia is the best prospect.

Rankings aside, I'd argue that McMahon is the best prospect in that deal

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:42 PM)
It's going to be the Braves and I am not a huge fan of their prospects

There are probably 6-7 teams talking to the Sox. At some point, you just have to have faith the Sox know which package of players to take when the time comes to say yes. They've been scouting these guys for months, so just hope for the best when it happens- at least that's how I'm looking at it.

If it's the Braves, I'd be disappointed because Quintana won't be in the playoffs this year, but they just have to take the best deal when it's good enough to pull the trigger.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:37 PM)
Yeah, they never made much sense to me. Freeland, Hoffman and Gray look like long term starters there, and Chatwood, Anderson, Marquez have shown flashes.

Which of those guys do you expect to lead a long postseason run? They don't have a single starter who has ever gone 200 innings. That's a recipe for disaster IMO. And given that Blackmon is a free agent next year and Arenado the year after, I'm not sure I'd waste a prime opportunity to make the playoffs and put my club in a position to succeed once getting there.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
Outside of Albies/Acuna/Maitan, I agree. Their pitching prospect depth is good but I'm sure we'll (rightfully) be targeting position players, and they may not give up any of the big 3.

Zero chance we make a deal with them without getting one of their big 3 bats. Acuna may be off limits, but the other two guys are probably fair game.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:46 PM)
Rankings aside, I'd argue that McMahon is the best prospect in that deal

I'm really not a McMahon fan to be honest. His AAA stats scream outlier to me and he's never really been that good otherwise. From a pure talent standpoint, I'd argue Pint is the best prospect in the deal.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
I'm really not a McMahon fan to be honest. His AAA stats scream outlier to me and he's never really been that good otherwise. From a pure talent standpoint, I'd argue Pint is the best prospect in the deal.

Plus McMahon is probably more of a 1B than a 3B anyway, so that further diminishes his value.