Q may get moved "sooner than you think"

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:57 PM)
I'm really not a McMahon fan to be honest. His AAA stats scream outlier to me and he's never really been that good otherwise. From a pure talent standpoint, I'd argue Pint is the best prospect in the deal.

From a pure talent standpoint, yes.

But aside from his dismal 2016 season, McMahon has always been solid. This year, of course, he has taken a great leap forward, but I don't think it's a fluke.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:00 AM)
That seems a bit sparse to me...

Just going off idea of them getting top 30 bat while also being a package that might be disappointing. Something to keep in mind is the Brewers prospects have sucked this year for the most part (not Brinson)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:57 PM)
So if it's Brewers, package ideas?

-Brinson seems like a must

- Gatewood

- Woodruff

How much do you like Brinson?

I don't love him.

Is Brinson AND Hader too much?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:58 PM)
Plus McMahon is probably more of a 1B than a 3B anyway, so that further diminishes his value.

I read something today about him potentially being athletic enough to play 2B, but I doubt that would be pretty, especially for a team that should/does value infield defense.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 07:04 PM)
Rob Young‏

@RobertHYoung

We are in full blown 🚨 mode on Q. I'm keeping an eye on Lewis Brinson from MIL, Ozzie Albies/Ronald Acuna from ATL, and Kyle Tucker from HOU

Hmm, are the Astros getting back in to this? I would prefer Tucker over Brinson and Albies.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 12:02 AM)
How much do you like Brinson?

I don't love him.

Is Brinson AND Hader too much?

I like Woodruff more than Hader. Haven't seen enough Brinson but I know scouts raved about him in ST

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 06:53 PM)
Brian Bilek‏

@BrianBilek_

Mulitple teams have been involved in the talks for Quintana: MIL, ATL, HOU, NY, COL & more I'm sure. My opinion/guess: #Brewers.

If this is true that all of these teams are in on Quintana that is only a really great thing. I can't see Hahn giving Hostetler the object of getting hitter who don't strikeout often in the draft then turn around and trade for Corey Ray as a headliner for his greatest asset. I think their must be a good idea that Brinson is involved. It would not surprise me if Hader is the second piece with the Brewers believing he is more of a reliever than a starter.

I still believe the Yankees have to be in on this as they had talks in the winter and are up against that 40 man crunch. They could get a deal done without Frazier or Torres.

Edited by kwill

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 07:10 PM)
Mods/admins, can we get a new title? I think we're definitely past the unconfirmed stage given all the reporters who have jumped on this

But nothing is confirmed

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 07:13 PM)
But nothing is confirmed

At the very least, McGuffey's original tweet has been confirmed (assuming that the "unconfirmed" part was people being wary of his credibility).

I think Rabbit's recent tweet (If Jose pitches for the Sox again it's likely because of a sudden, significant impasse) is a concrete rumor

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 07:16 PM)
At the very least, McGuffey's original tweet has been confirmed (assuming that the "unconfirmed" part was people being wary of his credibility).

I think Rabbit's recent tweet (If Jose pitches for the Sox again it's likely because of a sudden, significant impasse) is a concrete rumor

Is the title of the thread everyone is talking in really that important. The title is still true, nothing is confirmed, people are talking

*shrug*

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:16 AM)

WSD retweeted it so his initial tweet today was clearly something related to Q