Games you've attended - starting pitchers - good or bad luck

knightni

Back in the early days of New Comiskey, I used to go to more games than I do now. (Family, work etc.)

Every time I'd buy tickets, I'd always end up with guys like Kirk McCaskill or Edwin Jackson starting.

What is your history?

Good or bad luck?

QUOTE (wolves01 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:12 PM)
Lots of Melido Perez starts. After spotting the opponent 5 or 6 in the first inning, he was untouchable.

I think that he, and his brother Pascual were secretly from another planet.

Generally speaking, I pretty much have the same luck. These days though since I can only see the Sox when they come to Seattle I go to all the games so I have a better chance of seeing the top of the rotation guys. Not always though, of course. I can always say though that I saw Humber's perfect game. For the most part too, the Sox have pretty good success here. So I at least see quite a few more wins than losses.

I used to go to at least 65 games a year so it really was spread out. The last couple of years I have had weekends, and it seems since they got Shields, he's been pitching a lot on weekends. When the both are healthy Shields and/or Gonzo has almost been a lock. And it would be OK, but at least 3 or 4 times the game was over in the 1st or 2nd inning. Makes for an uninteresting game.

Last time I saw Shields the game was over in the first. My brother lives in Switzerland and was in town and wanted to go to a game. He told me Thursday or Friday. Shields was pitching Thursday. Thank God he decided Friday. And it was a nice game. 3 in the 9th to beat Texas.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
I used to go to at least 65 games a year so it really was spread out. The last couple of years I have had weekends, and it seems since they got Shields, he's been pitching a lot on weekends. When the both are healthy Shields and/or Gonzo has almost been a lock. And it would be OK, but at least 3 or 4 times the game was over in the 1st or 2nd inning. Makes for an uninteresting game.

Last time I saw Shields the game was over in the first. My brother lives in Switzerland and was in town and wanted to go to a game. He told me Thursday or Friday. Shields was pitching Thursday. Thank God he decided Friday. And it was a nice game. 3 in the 9th to beat Texas.

Also at that game. Great time.

For some reason, it seemed like John Danks would pitch on the days I was there.

Recently, thankfully, I got to see Quintana pitch a lot.

The only game I've been to this year, the Buehrle game, I ended up with James Shields.

First game I ever attended saw Gary Peters throw a complete game, 1-hitter against Baltimore. July 15, 1963:

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1963/B07150CHA1963.htm

Pretty hard to top that!

This is a good question.

Off the top of my head without looking things up I've seen Peters, Bradley, Wood, Bahnsen, Lemonds, Stone, Barrios, Kravec, Perez, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras.

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 12, 2017 -> 02:33 PM)
First game I ever attended saw Gary Peters throw a complete game, 1-hitter against Baltimore. July 15, 1963:

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1963/B07150CHA1963.htm

Pretty hard to top that!

This is a good question.

Off the top of my head without looking things up I've seen Peters, Bradley, Wood, Bahnsen, Lemonds, Stone, Barrios, Kravec, Perez, Buehrle, Garland, Garcia, Contreras.

First game I saw Early Wynn was going for W #299. He didn't get it, losing to a young Jim Kaat and the Twins 2-0. I can't remember all the pitchers I saw in the 60's or even the 70's but I know I saw Peters, Pizarro, Wood, Stone and Bahnsen. I was at the game where Buehrle made his major league debut in relief of Baldwin. I was at the game too when Freddie Garcia made his home debut.