Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 10:57 AM)
Now I can watch Eloy highlights and not be jealous

Love his swing. I still remember the catch he made last year in the Futures Game too and Moncada ran out there to see if he was ok and got the out. Now we have both of them. :)

So, just for fun...how about the 2020 Sox?

CF Robert

2B Moncada

RF Jimenez

C Collins

LF Beer

3B Burger

1B Sheets

DH Delmonico

SS Anderson

SP Rodon

SP Kopech

SP Giolito

SP Cease

SP Hansen

CL Burdi

Yes, I know some prospects fail. Just daydreaming here.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
I still hope he does well for the Cubs, I just can't root against Q.

Q is the perfect guy to go to be the guy that goes from one side of town to the other in a big trade.

Consumate, quiet professional who never gets any decisions :)

I'll fully admit I was wrong for doubting Hahn. Waiting into the season ended up being the right call. Getting Jimenez is beyond is f***ing amazing. Baseball America recently recently called him the best overall hitting prospect in the minors. To get that type of talent for Quintana is absolutely incredible. I'm not sure there is a better headliner we could have got.

Cease is a solid 2nd piece. Tons on upside and adds to our pitching depth. The rest of the package is underwhelming, but that doesn't matter. Getting a true blue chipper plus one other top 100 prospect is all that matters. Hahn did awesome here and deserves a ton of kudos.

• Like 1

pretty nice haul.

I'd like to see some defensive minded pieces in return for the rest of our guys. We are building the early 2000's white sox out there. just going to mash the ball and play little defense.

But I mostly like the direction of this team and was hoping for a trade with the cubs.

I do wish that one of the two guys we got on the back half at least had a glimmer of hope to make the majors, but whatevs.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 09:06 AM)
and i believe it was the right call

There really shouldn't be any doubt between the two it's an easy choice. This is f***ing insane.

Public service announcement: this post is original hi8is content and is considered a valueable contribution.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:04 AM)
Rick Hahn calls the return they got from the Cubs for Jose Quintana was "far and away the best offer."

And every single rumor and statement we have seen public sure backs that up. It seems no one else would offer two top end guys.