Q traded to Cubs/Jimenez, Cease ++ to Sox

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:24 PM)
Can you believe that we turned a minor league free agent, a number 13 overall draft pick many thought had a ceiling of high leverage reliver, and a 30th round 2006 draft pick into all of that?

Holy rebuild batman.

I can't wait to see what other trades come... what we end up with out of the 2018 draft... what we end up with out of the 2019 draft... and what we end up out of the 2019 FA class.

2020, holy s*** - here we come!

Also Joe Borchard, the highest signing bonus of all time (at the time). Because he was traded for Matt Thornton, who was traded for Brandon Jacobs, who was included in the Eaton deal.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:09 PM)
Gut reaction is an asset like Q should never be traded to the Cubs, especially without them paying WELL over market value. Not sure how I feel about the return yet, want to do a deeper dig on the prospects before coming to a conclusion there.

Dude.

We got Eloy Jimenez, a consensus top 10 mlb overall prospect. Huge power potential.

Dylan Cease has very good stuff and is only 21 years old. Add him into our mix of exciting young arms.

The other two are lotto tickets.

Quintana is an excellent pitcher, but we got a massive return...nearly as much as we did for Sale.

I look at the White Sox Pitching Prospects as 2 waves

2017/2018

1. Lopez

2. Kopech

3. Giolito

4. Guerrero

5. Stephens

2018/2019

1.Dunning

2.Hansen

3.Cease

4.Flores

I would expect the White Sox to add one more to this group by the July 31st deadline. Also, Put me in the category that Kahlne gets traded for a good package now. I think with what happend to Jones you realize how quickly value could evaporate. Many of us thought that Jones could have equal value to Robertson.

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)

2017/2018

1. Lopez

2. Kopech

3. Giolito

4. Guerrero

5. Stephens

2018/2019

1.Dunning

2.Hansen

3.Cease

4.Flores

I would expect the White Sox to add one more to this group by the July 31st deadline. Also, Put me in the category that Kahlne gets traded for a good package now. I think with what happend to Jones you realize how quickly value could evaporate. Many of us thought that Jones could have equal value to Robertson.

No Adams in that mix? He has really turned the corner this year.

I'd rank him above Flores, Stephens, Hansen and Fulmer in terms of remaining a starting pitcher

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:31 PM)

2017/2018

1. Lopez

2. Kopech

3. Giolito

4. Guerrero

5. Stephens

2018/2019

1.Dunning

2.Hansen

3.Cease

4.Flores

I'd put Kopech in the 18/19 pool. There is zero change we see him in 17, and I'd say its unlikely we see him in 18.

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
My second thought.

Does anyone ever think about that rumored December three team trade involving the Pirates, Yankees and White Sox? I just wonder was Aaron Judge a second piece to that deal? Damn what could have been.

He wasn't

QUOTE (kwill @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
My second thought.

Does anyone ever think about that rumored December three team trade involving the Pirates, Yankees and White Sox? I just wonder was Aaron Judge a second piece to that deal? Damn what could have been.

Hahn said that this deal was the best deal he has been offered for Q. Period.

Guessing that means Judge wasn't in the Yanks deal that fell apart.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
The other two are lotto tickets.

Eh.. I consider lotto tickets the variety of lower lewel spects who are younger, maybe struggled or struggling but has potential upside. These guys are more likely filler, although Rose as I've said earlier could be a diamond in the rough.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:29 AM)
Also Joe Borchard, the highest signing bonus of all time (at the time). Because he was traded for Matt Thornton, who was traded for Brandon Jacobs, who was included in the Eaton deal.

Thank you for this valuable contribution which completes the 6 degrees of Rick Hahn separation overview. Also, garlic stuffed olives are good.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)
I'd put Kopech in the 18/19 pool. There is zero change we see him in 17, and I'd say its unlikely we see him in 18.

How nice is it to see our farm system now????

My guess is the rankings will look like:

1) Moncada

2) Jimenez

3) Kopech

4) Giolito

5) Robert

6) Lopez

7) Collins

8) Cease

9) Hansen

10) Dunning

11) Burger

12) Adams

13) Fulmer

14) Burdi

15) Guerrero

16) Sheets

17) Stephens

18) Basabe

19) Flores

20) Adolfo

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
Eh.. I consider lotto tickets the variety of lower lewel spects who are younger, maybe struggled or struggling but has potential upside. These guys are more likely filler, although Rose as I've said earlier could be a diamond in the rough.

Rose I consider a lotto ticket. A guy with that kind of power is definitely trying to turn nothing into something. Flete is filler.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:37 PM)
@BNightengale

52s

When the #Cubs tried to get Chris Sale from the #WhiteSox this winter, Theo Epstein was told it would have to be a package with Kris Bryant.

LOL, no Rick Hahn. I mean, kudos for trying, but nooooo.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)

Lotto tickets in the sense that they are not likely to impact the mlb roster, but you never know? Sometimes those throw in guys end up panning out.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:35 PM)
Jimenez/Cease > Glasgow/Newman all day, every day. Patience payed off.

Yes. And I would have been okay with Glasgow Newman return.

So happy with this.

I think I would have put Q acquiring Jimenez (let alone their top pitching prospect) from the cubs as maybe the most unlikely of all of the acquisitions, maybe just above someone like Robles. Even with the fit with the cubs, I'm shocked.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:38 AM)
Rose I consider a lotto ticket. A guy with that kind of power is definitely trying to turn nothing into something. Flete is filler.

Not that it really matters, but Flete is putting up decent numbers at A+ this year. He's old for the level, but should we really dismiss him so quickly?

Good job Hahn. But I also think it was a good deal by Theo. Cubs are trying to make a run, they got a terrific SP for the next couple years. Sox got futures, 1 elite, 1 close to elite and 2 meh, but some potential. This is what we had hoped for. I am not really watching much Sox baseball, rather keeping up with it, because I know most of the guys won't be around in 2 years. Seem to be more interested what is happening in North Carolina or Alabama these days. Future is bright, but it still has to come together. Eloys, Robert and Moncado will be somewhere at the top.middle of our order one day.

Don't stop now boys!!! Got more piece to parse.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 01:42 PM)
Not that it really matters, but Flete is putting up decent numbers at A+ this year. He's old for the level, but should we really dismiss him so quickly?

I mean, I think w-s deserves some players hitting well even if they aren't big MLB prospects.