Do the White Sox now have the best farm system in MLB?

southsider2k5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to have as many top prospects as any other team outside of one or two teams. The question probably is moreso around the quality of depth in the system behind the upper end. Most seem optimistic that the depth is starting to build, but that takes time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:01 AM)
White Sox have Nos. 1, 5, 20, 45, 59, 75 & 83 on the BA mid-season top 100 list now.

The Braves, IMO, are the only team who has a great argument. They have Nos. 10, 23, 25, 33, 41, 42, 55, 72 & 76.

Like I said earlier, either #1 or #2 at worst.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 11:21 AM)
Not sure that really moves the needle. Every team added some top draft picks.

We have 10 guys that can make an argument for top 100. Most teams have 4 or 5. Depth is certainly not an issue, unless we are talking about organizational 20-30 type guys. These guys are all wild cards no matter what team they play for. To answer the question you asked no question we are number 1.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
The Braves, IMO, are the only team who has a great argument. They have Nos. 10, 23, 25, 33, 41, 42, 55, 72 & 76.

Like I said earlier, either #1 or #2 at worst.

KLaw said in chat it's likely Braves 1, Sox 2

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 13, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
They have to have as many top prospects as any other team outside of one or two teams. The question probably is moreso around the quality of depth in the system behind the upper end. Most seem optimistic that the depth is starting to build, but that takes time.

All I know is I feel a heck of a lot better about our prospects in the 10-20 range than I did a few months ago. I think we have decent depth now.

Edited by OmarComing25