Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 10:13 AM)
Hibbard and King were in their mid 20s with very little mileage on them. Yes they had short shelf-lives*, but they were nothing like Holland. They weren't great, but they "bridged the gap" while the big guns developed.

The Sox record on picking up these old veterans is putrid....they are so bad that they are unflippable.

*each had basically 1 bad year and never pitched again - could have been injury.

I just think some competent pitching, while rebuilding, will help. I am also not in favor of intentional tanking for the sake of a couple of draft spots advantage, while many are (and I understand their reasoning).

And they were acquired in trades during the rebuild. Near the end of the rebuild you will get your wish, they will see which of these guys are keepers. But in year 1 of that rebuild they had guys like Jerry Ruess and Dave LAPoint. The heroes you hate. But the concept of buying a vet to flip is fine. The Cubs might be on year 109 if they didn't do it. I was opposed to Holland because his style doesn't play well at Sox Park. But he has had flashes of brilliance.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
The fact that it's not done yet makes me wonder whether it's more complex than being reported - some sort of Reliever + Frazier package or something similar?

Red Sox have a 4:05 game against the Yankees (so important), so you would think they would've wanted it done last night if possible.

raBBit mentioned they were at the medical stage last night...maybe there was a snag and they are trying to settle on another player.

All the s*** on twitter just keeps saying things have "intensified." People are just making s*** up trying to bide their time until its actually announced.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
raBBit mentioned they were at the medical stage last night...maybe there was a snag and they are trying to settle on another player.

All the s*** on twitter just keeps saying things have "intensified." People are just making s*** up trying to bide their time until its actually announced.

He said almost in medical stage, which means nothing agreed to yet

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 09:08 AM)
He said almost in medical stage, which means nothing agreed to yet

Ahh, fair point.

While I am anxious for more trades to be made, if some of those names thrown out are the type of return we should expect, I don't mind it not getting announced...I'll keep hoping for something different.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:03 AM)
Mid next year seems a bit extreme unless they decide to pull him off 2b.

Maybe a bit, but let's be honest, he's been good not great in AAA. He hasn't exactly forced he organizations hand.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
How much of a medical stage is there for a rental like this? It has to be very minor.

Guessing medicals would be with regards to the players the Sox acquire, but still, if one guy red flags, just pick another.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
Maybe a bit, but let's be honest, he's been good not great in AAA. He hasn't exactly forced he organizations hand.

Agreed on this point.

Anyone who looks @ his (or any other Charlotte farmhand's) numbers is short changing their own analysis of a player if they don't also look @ the player's splits. Charlotte is such an offensively-slanted environment that it can skew a player's overall numbers, & give you a false reading on him.

In Moncada's case, his vs. LHP splits and his away splits both show that he's not yet ready.

Bring up Delmonico instead. If he fails, no big deal. But if Moncada fails, this rebuild could stall entirely, IMO.

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)

You take away the time he was dealing with the hand injury, his numbers would be terrific. But lots of players put up numbers in Charlotte. I am with you. He will play in plenty of meaningless games over the next year and a half to two years, of not longer. What's the rush?

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:18 AM)
Agreed on this point.

Anyone who looks @ his (or any other Charlotte farmhand) is short changing their own analysis of a player if they don't also look @ the player's splits.

In Moncada's case, his vs. LHP splits and his away splits both show that he's not yet ready.

Bring up Delmonico instead. If he fails, no big deal. But if Moncada fails, this rebuild could stall entirely, IMO.

Yep

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:15 AM)
Guessing medicals would be with regards to the players the Sox acquire, but still, if one guy red flags, just pick another.

Yeah I can't imagine a medical issue with a teams 23rd rated prospect holding up a deal. That's easy to fix.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 10:23 AM)
Yeah I can't imagine a medical issue with a teams 23rd rated prospect holding up a deal. That's easy to fix.

Unless they find that he's pregnant. That would cause a more significant pause such as this.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:15 PM)

Sounds like it is Frazier for Panda. Since Panda is coming off DL, there is medicals to clear up.......................................................

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
Sounds like it is Frazier for Panda. Since Panda is coming off DL, there is medicals to clear up.......................................................

Lol that would be crazy. Our Sox eat some of that contract and get real specs.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 09:48 AM)
Are you just assuming this or did you read this rumor somewhere?

There were a few rumors, but nothing by anyone who knows anything. Some people just made the leap because of the timing.

If you believe raBBit, and who knows, anything could have happened since yesterday, but a return that isn't too exciting certainly wouldn't indicate that we were open to taking on Panda.