Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (credezcrew24 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
I'm really not sure that is a fact

He's saying it wouldn't cost a ton of prospects to acquire Miggy.

I don't think it would cost much, but I don't think the Tigers would do it anyways.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 01:08 PM)

I don't think it would cost much, but I don't think the Tigers would do it anyways.

He seems to be saying the opposite.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
Not sure it would cost much in prospects...

I would think the fallout of a Miggy salary dump in Detroit would be disastrous. We can all see it isn't going to end welll with their payroll and aging in Detroit. Avila is going to have to be Houdini to get out of this mess.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)

I don't think there is any way the Tigers would trade him for anything but top of the line prospects unless he really was sliding, which he will eventually.

Time beats everyone. Who would have guessed Pujols OPS with the Angels would be .250 lowere than it was with the Cardinals while he still had 4+ years and around $130 million left on the contract?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 01:16 PM)
I don't think there is any way the Tigers would trade him for anything but top of the line prospects unless he really was sliding, which he will eventually.

Time beats everyone. Who would have guessed Pujols OPS with the Angels would be .250 lowere than it was with the Cardinals while he still had 4+ years and around $130 million left on the contract?

I understand what you're saying.

It sounds like they want a really strong package for Verlander for the very same reasons.

They need to face reality...those guys are worth a lot more to them than to any other team.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 03:09 PM)
He seems to be saying the opposite.

I guess I interpreted it differently than that, but I may be wrong.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)

Right, it's similar to Abreu with the Sox right now. It would take a ton to acquire him because of the goodwill he's built with the organization. Even in a down year, he is much more valuable to the Tigers than anyone else.

It may be fun to speculate what it would take, but I'd say the odds are similar to Cabrera playing for the Red Sox as they are for the White Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
I guess I interpreted it differently than that, but I may be wrong.

Right, it's similar to Abreu with the Sox right now. It would take a ton to acquire him because of the goodwill he's built with the organization. Even in a down year, he is much more valuable to the Tigers than anyone else.

It may be fun to speculate what it would take, but I'd say the odds are similar to Cabrera playing for the Red Sox as they are for the White Sox.

Cabrera probably has negative trade value unless the Tigers are pitching in 70-120 million, and I don't see them doing that. He's a 3-4 WAR player going forward, at best, and he's being paid like a 6 WAR guy. He's on one of the worst contracts in baseball given his decline, which was incredibly predictable. He's 34 and his been injury prone for a few years now.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
Cabrera probably has negative trade value unless the Tigers are pitching in 70-120 million, and I don't see them doing that. He's a 3-4 WAR player going forward, at best, and he's being paid like a 6 WAR guy. He's on one of the worst contracts in baseball given his decline, which was incredibly predictable. He's 34 and his been injury prone for a few years now.

Oh I completely agree, don't get me wrong. I just don't see the Tigers doing something like that for a guy they've had for like 10 years now.

He'll still hit 500 homers and might still get to 600 as long as his health holds up, which is no certainty given his size and age.

I'd call Groome for Frazier a pipe dream at best. As for Travis? Ehh doesn't seem far fetched, but is he really much of a prize? Doesn't seem to offer big power for a guy that is limited to 1st base only. The problem is the Red Sox seem pretty limited as far as position player prospects. The 2 most interesting guys are Michael Chavis (3B) and Josh Ockimey (1B). If we could get 1 of them + a low level reliever with a big arm (preferably LH) I'd be pretty happy. I just think it's pretty important to get rid of Frazier ASAP before he inevitably gets into another slump.