Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 05:48 PM)
Doesn't look like anything is imminent. Frazier is signing autographs.

Frazier spends more time signing autographs & interacting with fans before games than any player I've ever seen. He seems like a genuinely good dude.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 05:32 PM)
What about Dalbeck? He's blocked by Devers and I like what I've read about him, is he a possibility ?

I was big on drafting Dalbeck...but he seems overkill right now IMO.

Get Chavis and be done with it. On to the next.

Groome would be weird. I don't understand why we are stockpiling so many pitchers when we can't develop positional talent from the middle rounds. I would be ok with either player though.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:19 PM)
Get Chavis and be done with it. On to the next.

Groome would be weird. I don't understand why we are stockpiling so many pitchers when we can't develop positional talent from the middle rounds. I would be ok with either player though.

Remember how many pitchers the team that won the world series last year developed out of their system? They found a workaround. Give me a stellar 1-5, trade 1 or 2 of those pitchers if things go really well, and then go sign Bryce Harper or Mike Trout with the fact you have a $6 million pricetag on your starting rotation for 3 years.

Basically, give me as many good players as we can find for the next year+ and worry about the rest later.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)
Remember how many pitchers the team that won the world series last year developed out of their system? They found a workaround. Give me a stellar 1-5, trade 1 or 2 of those pitchers if things go really well, and then go sign Bryce Harper or Mike Trout with the fact you have a $6 million pricetag on your starting rotation for 3 years.

Basically, give me as many good players as we can find for the next year+ and worry about the rest later.

This team will never sign a Harper, Trout, or Machado. I actually hope they don't as long as current ownership is in place because that will leave the team with their hands tied due to payroll constraints for a decade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 06:43 PM)

Can't limit the good arms in the system though. Cubs have an unlimited budget and can go buy their pitching staff--that doesn't work for us as well. We have strong pitching development people--and the whole reason we have these great prospects in our system is because we developed and maximized the value of.......2 pitchers! We have some positional prospects now who, if they develop to their abilities, will require max money to keep here. We need to keep adding talent of all positions to have the ability to step in if our top talent begins to be luered away. We could lose Rodon that way.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:48 PM)
Are you just assuming this or did you read this rumor somewhere?

.......................................... If Hahn took Panda he should be sent down to Charlotte.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:54 PM)
This team will never sign a Harper, Trout, or Machado. I actually hope they don't as long as current ownership is in place because that will leave the team with their hands tied due to payroll constraints for a decade.

I don't necessarily think we can say that anymore with 100% certainty. We all thought they'd never go over-slot and get Robert and look how that turned out.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:08 PM)
This is correct. Over the last year, we've seen a number of things very out of the ordinary from the Sox. I wouldn't rule anything out.

With that pile of talent, all of whom will be cheap from 2019-2022, we are being dumb if we're not players after 2018. We could lose, prices could get out of the range that make sense for us based on the fact that we're probably not there in 2019...but that money is going to have to go somewhere.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:03 PM)
I don't necessarily think we can say that anymore with 100% certainty. We all thought they'd never go over-slot and get Robert and look how that turned out.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:08 PM)
This is correct. Over the last year, we've seen a number of things very out of the ordinary from the Sox. I wouldn't rule anything out.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:12 PM)
With that pile of talent, all of whom will be cheap from 2019-2022, we are being dumb if we're not players after 2018. We could lose, prices could get out of the range that make sense for us based on the fact that we're probably not there in 2019...but that money is going to have to go somewhere.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:18 PM)
And if the core develops like we all hope, the pressure will be on from the media and the fans to fill in the gaps with some big free agent additions. For the most part, Sox fans have bought into this rebuild, accept the plan and are willing to see it out. If the plan fails, the fans aren't going to be as accepting of another reset.

Point is, they better make this rebuild count. That may include adding an big ticket item or two to surround the kids with.

All of this.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:51 PM)
Overkill? How? To what? Do we have an abundance of 3B prospects in not aware of? Or just hitting prospects in general?

And personally I like Dalbeck more than Chavis but that's just going off the scouting reports I've read.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:51 PM)
Overkill? How? To what? Do we have an abundance of 3B prospects in not aware of? Or just hitting prospects in general?

in terms of thinking he's Davidson 2.0 is all. Plus drafting Burger...and...Matt Rose. So really didn't see the need for Dalbec

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)
in terms of thinking he's Davidson 2.0 is all. Plus drafting Burger...and...Matt Rose. So really didn't see the need for Dalbec

I would think Davidson 2.0 would be a strong return for Frazier, and I'm not sure I'm sold on Davidson yet. For 2.5 months of a guy, getting a guy who at least has a strong power tool? I'm game. Maybe we need 3-4 guys in our system who have big time power for one of them to turn into a .250 hitting, 40 HR guy, but it'd be great to have one of those guys hitting 5th or 6th.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:54 PM)

I completely disagree. In 2 -3 years would be a great time to sign a front loaded contract for a young superstar like Harper or Trout. Depending how it is structured it shouldn't impact future payroll. This seems to be in line with JR's history as well.

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 09:51 PM)
I think the same. I would totally include another piece if it meant a better return.

As long as it's a markedly better return. Swarzak/Kahnle/DRob have lots of value of their own, and I'd be disappointed to see one of them packaged with Todd only to land someone like Ockimey.