Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
There were a few rumors, but nothing by anyone who knows anything. Some people just made the leap because of the timing.

If you believe raBBit, and who knows, anything could have happened since yesterday, but a return that isn't too exciting certainly wouldn't indicate that we were open to taking on Panda.

Yeah, if we were taking back Panda then I'd need it to be Dalbec/Chavis, Johnson and Lozada or something along those lines.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
Sounds like it is Frazier for Panda. Since Panda is coming off DL, there is medicals to clear up.......................................................

Why in the world would the White Sox make that trade?

If you take on all of his contract you better get Devers+. Taking on 45 million, including some going into the Sox prime years, negates the point of acquiring prospects to begin with. Of course a 45 million for Devers+ is a ridiculous premise to begin with. I don't think the Sox should take on any more than 20 million for any one player else there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:50 AM)
There were a few rumors, but nothing by anyone who knows anything. Some people just made the leap because of the timing.

If you believe raBBit, and who knows, anything could have happened since yesterday, but a return that isn't too exciting certainly wouldn't indicate that we were open to taking on Panda.

SCCWS is from Boston so I wasn't sure if they were reporting/speculating locally. As much as I'd love to take on some of Panda's salary to increase the return, I just don't see it happening.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
SCCWS is from Boston so I wasn't sure if they were reporting/speculating locally. As much as I'd love to take on some of Panda's salary to increase the return, I just don't see it happening.

Ahh, good thinking.

I can't imagine wtf is holding this up unless it just got much more complicated for some reason.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)
Ahh, good thinking.

I can't imagine wtf is holding this up unless it just got much more complicated for some reason.

Honestly think these deals just take 24-72 hours for completion

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 09:29 AM)
Definitely prefer Ockimey, Hernandez,and Lozada to Ball and Cosart and I think that would be the consensus.

Ball does seem like a classic White Sox reclamation a la Humber.

I don't really like the return. Longenhagen has neither of the 3 rated higher than 40 FV. For comparison low top 100 prospects are 50s (projected average regular) whole comp picks are usually like 45s.

45 means projected future utility and 40 basically replacement level bench guy.

I would have preferred 1 45 prospect over 2 40s and a 35. That return is basically worse than a comp pick. Now of course frazier isn't a big chip anymore and he is a rental but the guys are not really prospects but more organizational depth guys.

I would have preferred a comp pick but probably the risk of him taking it would have been to high so that return is better than nothing. But neither of the guys is a real prospect so I would not get too excited.

Id have to imagine that:

1.IF Hahn is doing the sawx the favor of geting them below the luxury tax (or 2-year luxury tax) by taking on some or all of Panda's contract,

2.THEN, any return would have to be significant.

I wouldn't actually mind, because this system still needs bats, and Moncada needs time in AAA to work down his K-rate, improve his vs. LHP numbers, & hit better AWAY from the Charlotte bandbox.

Panda is a reasonable flip candidate, given his history, but I wouldn't want him on this roster over the longer term. (READ: beyond 2018) Unless Dombrowski & Hahn worked something out in advance, I would doubt that he'd DFA Panda; if he did, Hahn could pick up Panda for the league minimum, & use as a flip project.

We'll see...

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:42 PM)
Panda is far too large to flip. The Boston guy did say last night the deal isn't inevitable.

At his full contract price, sure.

But at he league minimum, he'd be a better flip project for this club.

That's why Id have to imagine that the sawx would have to include something tasty for Hahn to take on significant cash.

OTOH, even if this were a Frazier-for-B & C prospects, I still wouldn't mind signing Panda for the league minimum as a flip project. (While keeping Moncada in Charlotte for awhile longer.)

Edited by Two-Gun Pete