Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

And perhaps Panda is unflippable.

But Id take a higher-rated prospect or two in addition to Panda, in exchange for Frazier & taking on some of Panda's contract.

It isn't "just" trading for Panda. It's trading for Panda AND prospects.

Or, Id be equally happy with Frazier-for-B/C prospects, then waiting for Sandoval to be free to sign for the league minimum, & picking him up @ that point. Either way, Im in favor of adding as many assets as possible.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
Trading flip candidates to acquire more flip candidates....sometimes this gets a little much.

Sandoval is unflippable. I'm not sure a crane could flip Sandoval.

What do they do for beached whales?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:01 PM)
Btw, our starter was changed from Holland to Pelfrey tonight...

Probably to push Holland back to sunday due to Q gone. I did find it interesting Kahnle warmed up for the 7th instead of Swarzak last night

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 07:01 PM)
Btw, our starter was changed from Holland to Pelfrey tonight...

I would love to see anybody in the Sox system replace Holland, Pelfrey and Shields in the rotation. I might get sick of the replacements as well, but damn, what a waste of space as they say.

Not trying to flame, but can you think of a worse rotation in modern Sox history? Seriously, Holland, Pelfrey and Shields have absolutely no major league value, do they? Do any metrics of any kind suggest value? All three of them can in no way go deep in games. If they were smart they'd pull an Eckersley and ask to be relievers in AAA and see if they can learn that trade to extend their careers.

If any of you are fans of those three I'd love to hear your comments. It's not nice to call people names so I'll just call all three "eminently expendable."

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:21 AM)
Yes. Pelfrey tonight, Holland on Sunday. Gonzalez vs Dodgers on Tuesday and Rodon on Wednesday.

Wow, that's a f***ing murderer's row if I've ever seen one.

Hahn needs to get these relievers moved before they die.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 06:25 PM)
Instead of taking on Panda's contract I would rather see the Sox put that money towards paying Giancarlo Stanton.

I agree if it means getting Yellich in the deal with minimal prospects included