Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
Boston Strong

@BostonStrong_34

Source; Red Sox are close to a deal with the White Sox for Todd Frazier.

This guy is legit

I think he's been saying that since last night though...I could be confusing them though because there are so many similar handles.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
I think he's been saying that since last night though...I could be confusing them though because there are so many similar handles.

He said last night that we are working on a deal, just now he said we're close

QUOTE (GermanSock @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
Why are you even discussing the panda thing? There is zero percent chance that that will happen.

Yeah, especially considering Boston has no reason to sell a top prospect and the White Sox just shelled out $50 million for one. That was surprising enough. Thinking they would shell out another $50 million? They rarely do that for major leaguers with terrific track records.

I doubt they actually gave anyone a physical. If it is true they probably had their medical guys look at his records and they saw something they didn't like. Still, it doesn't appear to be top prospects, so you think a substitute shouldn't be too hard to find.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:35 PM)
I doubt they actually gave anyone a physical. If it is true they probably had their medical guys look at his records and they saw something they didn't like.

I was just going to ask that question.

Do they actually go out and give these guys physicals?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 02:37 PM)

I read with the Preller fiasco each team has a medical database and they open it up for teams when they are dealing. Maybe in the offseason guys go and get them, but with hug watches and the like, most of the time, they have the other teams info. Preller kept a database that didn't include certain damning things.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 08:37 PM)

Based on the Padres scandal last year, a lot of it has to do with reviewing the treatment history players received

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 02:47 PM)
LOL OK A-Rod.

It's a fun story but no way realistic. He's owed $200 million the next 6 1/2 years, when they will be over the luxury tax each season, and that is for an aging Miguel. Maybe he could be like Big Papi and still be great as he hits 40, but it seems injuries are starting to take their toll. Plus he would drain them of all their remaining minor league trade chips. It would cost a furtune in prospects and money.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
It's a fun story but no way realistic. He's owed $200 million the next 6 1/2 years, when they will be over the luxury tax each season, and that is for an aging Miguel. Maybe he could be like Big Papi and still be great as he hits 40, but it seems injuries are starting to take their toll. Plus he would drain them of all their remaining minor league trade chips. It would cost a furtune in prospects and money.

Not sure it would cost much in prospects...