Frazier to Boston Rumors getting heavy

whitesoxwinner

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
Highly doubtful that 8 at bats are going to make a huge difference. Too small of a sample size... he could go 2 for 2 in his next at bats and be hitting .300 over that period now.

His large sample size isn't particulary compelling either. He could have used a push here.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:00 PM)
Don't they have to cause DH?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
No idea...just thought I'd add it on here

If they have to make a roster move, they probably have to make room on the 40-man to add someone as the 26th man. People here speculated it could be Devers. Is he on 40?

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 10:06 PM)
If they have to make a roster move, they probably have to make room on the 40-man to add someone as the 26th man. People here speculated it could be Devers. Is he on 40?

Holt is being added

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:08 PM)
Holt is being added

Holt pinch-hit in the 8th and got a hit and then played 3rd in the 9th. Boston has a pretty good deal in that their AAA park is less than an hour from Fenway. So they can move players around pretty easy when both teams are at home. Question now is will they go for Frazier or let Holt bridge them to Devers?

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
Holt pinch-hit in the 8th and got a hit and then played 3rd in the 9th. Boston has a pretty good deal in that their AAA park is less than an hour from Fenway. So they can move players around pretty easy when both teams are at home. Question now is will they go for Frazier or let Holt bridge them to Devers?

they can bide their time. They can wait out Frazier on a waiver claim if necessary.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:09 PM)
they can bide their time. They can wait out Frazier on a waiver claim if necessary.

Eh, I don't think they'd do that. Their 3b situation sucks, so it's either give it to Devers in August or get an upgrade now.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:09 PM)

Frazier isn't so overpaid that you can have 100% confidence no one makes a grab beforehand, even if just to block.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 11:10 PM)
Eh, I don't think they'd do that. Their 3b situation sucks, so it's either give it to Devers in August or get an upgrade now.

21 straight scoreless innings. They need offense now

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
I still don't think Frazier is going to carry that much value by himself. Like the idea of packaging him with a solid RP.

He may not. But I'd hold him before I'd trade him for their organizational depth AND pay half his salary.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:10 PM)

I don't see him as a definitive upgrade. More of a "why not roll the dice - nothing to lose" kind of deal. Red Sox need homers...and Frazier can hit homers...sometimes.

This rebuild better work. This team is going to be so terrible. I spend money watching them. I get what they have to do, but I am not so sure the right guys are running the show. They get prais d now, but the were praised for going for it in 2015. Praised for what they brought in prior to 2016. Praised for the 2016 draft. Praised for the 3 trades. So far, 2015 and 2016 were busts. The 2016 draft, and it is admittedly way too early, but doesn't look like it was full of future stars, and the trades are still maybe. After the deadline deals, this team is basically dark until the next draft. This winter is going to be boring unless they do some prospect for prospect deals, which at a high level, I would doubt. They won't really have anyone to trade. Next season will be nad on the field at the major league level. I just hope some of these guys who will take up so,e roster spots show some hope.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 11:30 PM)
Any of the teams looking for relievers play Seattle a lot? DRob has faced them 29 times. 28 times were scoreless.

I remember the one he blew against Lind last year. Amazing stat though, he made Cano look silly

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)
This rebuild better work. This team is going to be so terrible. I spend money watching them. I get what they have to do, but I am not so sure the right guys are running the show. They get prais d now, but the were praised for going for it in 2015. Praised for what they brought in prior to 2016. Praised for the 2016 draft. Praised for the 3 trades. So far, 2015 and 2016 were busts. The 2016 draft, and it is admittedly way too early, but doesn't look like it was full of future stars, and the trades are still maybe. After the deadline deals, this team is basically dark until the next draft. This winter is going to be boring unless they do some prospect for prospect deals, which at a high level, I would doubt. They won't really have anyone to trade. Next season will be nad on the field at the major league level. I just hope some of these guys who will take up so,e roster spots show some hope.

Well I certainly agree with this (although I don't live in Chicago so I don't buy tickets).

But they're going to have to make some deals, or this will take a decade. They'll have to adeptly trade up some for some ML ready players (Eaton, Davidson, e.g. - preferably more Eatons) and also trade back down.

The Astros let Ed Wade tear the team down, and then brought the A team in.

Any chance?

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)

I like what they are doing. And I am hoping that once these deals get done, there will be enough of these kids coming up over the next few seasons to sustain some interest. Moncada should be coming soon, then perhaps a few of the arms. I will continue to cheer on Avi and Davidson and some others that have shown some promise. But yeah, otherwise, this will not be fun.

We won't be relieved much by our other teams either. Every team but the Hawks is in a state of rebuild.

I will say, I enjoy watching this club moreso than the previous several, although I suppose this club has the benefit of no expectations whatsoever.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 16, 2017 -> 05:42 PM)

Next year there will at least be a graduation of Lopez (who is currently pitching a gem), Giolito, and Moncada. Maybe we'll get an actual FA flyer gem that plays well for a year. I hear you on the execution. By the books, this looks good, but we haven't had a player absolutely fly the guns blazing like Acuna is right now, or Devers or Benintendi. I guess Kopech could be that guy but he's restricted.

The 2016/2017 draft does make me nervous in terms of hitters. We may have been fooled by advanced college hitters in age advanced or age appropriate leagues performing well for a bit.

But regardless, that draft may have gotten us a lockdown reliever and top 100 pitcher. Collins, if he sticks, has a very low bar to clear to be a top catching prospect. See the stats of some of the other top catchers like Pentecost. The players like Call/Fisher may fail, but we also have Bernardo Flores.

Basically if we get 3 major leaguers from that draft I think it deserves it's praise.