Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw "the money works (with regards to a Frazier/DRob trade)" I was really afraid that Panda snuck his way into the deal.

Honestly, if something like that happened, it wouldn't surprise me if the Sox did so just to take on extra prospects with Boston kicking in cash and the Sox just releasing him, but I think that was me overthinking.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)
They wouldn't have scratched him without having a deal in place, would they?

Could be that a deal is close, and the Sox do not want to run the risk of him getting injured. There is definitely something up. You don't just scratched a player last minute unless there is an injury or trade in the works (or you cut up your jerseys), and Frazier does not appear to be injured.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 05:38 PM)
They wouldn't have scratched him without having a deal in place, would they?

My guess is that they're waiting until the game is over to announce it. ( What do I know thou ).

💩

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)
He's been scuffling as of late and is facing Kershaw. All we really have to go on is Bruce Levine, who knows nothing.

He was in the lineup an hour before the game batting 4th, so there must have been something for him to be "pulled". That could have been a personal thing - blowup behind the scenes or something like that, but nearly ready to be traded is most likely. If a guy is scuffling and you're giving him the day off you don't pull him an hour beforehand, you tell him the day before so he goes and gets some extra rest and isn't getting himself up for the game during BP.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:38 PM)
He's been scuffling as of late and is facing Kershaw. All we really have to go on is Bruce Levine, who knows nothing.

So you scratch him late because you *just* realized he's scuffling? I doubt it. He won't be on the White Sox in 24 hours

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 07:40 PM)
Could be that a deal is close, and the Sox do not want to run the risk of him getting injured. There is definitely something up. You don't just scratched a player last minute unless there is an injury or trade in the works (or you cut up your jerseys), and Frazier does not appear to be injured.

The White Sox themselves said he was a healthy scratch, and given that he's still in the building, he probably didn't cut up any jerseys.

It's close, but there's nothing official or agreed upon yet.