Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:10 PM)
Don't know how I feel about a Rutherford headliner. It's coolfor a DRob or Frazier trade, but including Kahnle too?

Kahnle is the guy you hold until 11:50 on trade deadline night for absolute pillaging.

They just traded Robertson, an underwhelming 3B and a reliever who has had 3 good months for a top 40 prospect + more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
They just traded Robertson, an underwhelming 3B and a reliever who has had 3 good months for a top 40 prospect + more.

I feel ya. Just wondering if Kahnle was better to hold for a deadline haul. In Hahn I trust.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)

When you put it like that (which is 100% truthful, i might add), this looks like a great trade.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:14 PM)
Looks like the sox are going to releasing a few fringe prospects in the system. :)

If you told me last August that the Sox would have the to farm system in baseball and would trade Frazier, drob and kahnle for a huge package I would have never believed it... Holy crap

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:08 PM)
Just ran Todd Frazier's expected BABIP through a calculator and his xBABIP is .284. That would mean (assuming a similar split between types of hit, slightly weighted towards singles) a batting line of .264/.375/.546. That's a lot more of a valuable deadline piece than he looks now, simply attempting to remove luck.

I love that calculator but I'm not sure it has the statcast era (shifts, positioning) figured out yet. I once actually made my own database based off that calculator that auto calculated the expected, actual, and then difference, etc for the Sox.