Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stand firmly by the position that losing on purpose is stupid. You want to win even if you're not actively trying to put good players on your MLB roster. The losing is a byproduct of the restocking of the system. You want fans to come out and see wins and you want your players to play well in tough situations whenever they present themselves.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 03:23 AM)
I stand firmly by the position that losing on purpose is stupid. You want to win even if you're not actively trying to put good players on your MLB roster. The losing is a byproduct of the restocking of the system. You want fans to come out and see wins and you want your players to play well in tough situations whenever they present themselves.

Well maybe have a better manager than Renteria

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:23 PM)

I need more than Rutherford and clarkin. Deal is missing one more quality piece.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:20 PM)
Let's have a bet on Frazier's BABIP with the Yankees the rest of the way. He's currently at .214, xBABIP says .284. Let's put the over/under at .240. You in?

I would bet under barring a huge shift in what he's doing at the plate. He is literally swinging for flyballs in an attempt to hit home runs, and hitting flyballs otherwise. His IFFB% is right around 17% over the past 3 seasons. His BABIP is s*** because it deserves to be s***.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:22 PM)
Why do people think the sox would start service time on players like kopech.

I doby even see the rush on Moncada, let him play as a then bring him up mid next year.

i think monaca will be bought after the tradline i think he more then ready

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:23 PM)

You would be wrong:

Evidence:

Cubs-World-Series-champions.jpg

If you want to be bad, be the worst. Fans will show up at the end of the rebuild or when studs start showing up.

Edited by Sox-35th

Damn, glad to see Inwas wrong and Rutherford is in the deal. I just hope Clarkin isn't the second biggest piece coming our way. Can't imagine Dave would react the way he did if he was.

Also, how crazy is it that Basabe was our #1 OF prospect two months ago and now we have three guys in the top 50. Hell, Basabe probably would be ranked #6 now if I had to guess.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:24 PM)
I would bet under barring a huge shift in what he's doing at the plate. He is literally swinging for flyballs in an attempt to hit home runs, and hitting flyballs otherwise. His IFFB% is right around 17% over the past 3 seasons. His BABIP is s*** because it deserves to be s***.

Well then in Rick Hahn-speak, let's talk dollar bills yo

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
Damn, glad to see Inwas wrong and Rutherford is in the deal. I just hope Clarkin isn't the second biggest piece coming our way. Can't imagine Dave would react the way he did if he was.

Also, how crazy is it that Basabe was our #1 OF prospect two months ago and now we have three guys in the top 50. Hell, Basabe probably would be ranked #6 now if I had to guess.

2020 outfield of Jimenez, Robert, Rutherford = F*CK YES!