Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:54 PM)
Way beyond the record. Most users previously was 673 over Sale's trade. Last I checked, we were at 774.

Nothing will match the Nomar thread though. Back then it was just crazy speculation and alleged insiders on message boards.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:52 PM)
No, I do understand. Look at the Cubs World Series roster and tell me about all the good players they got due to their (not even all that high) draft position. It won't take long because it's pretty much just 1 guy. Their rebuild was successful largely due to the trades, not their draft position. I hope the White Sox pursue it the same way because the draft position ain't worth that much when you know it's going to be a good one either way.

The Sox are pursuing it almost exactly the same way the Cubs did, if not better, because they had more pieces to deal. They are going to be bad next year, but 2019 figures to be exciting, 2020 figures to show them competing, and 2021 this team is going to be awesome.

Do not fret. This is not your father's White Sox rebuild.

lol at people who hate this deal. frazier = a rental and not even a good one at that, robertson = decent closer not particularly special or dominant with no value to current team, kahnle = one year wonder who was effectively a middle reliever last year. Robertson also looked terrible at times last year.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:55 PM)
For those catching up, four players. Rutherford, Clarkin, Clippard and one more. Supposedly an A baller.

It's not Mateo, Florial or Solak.

If that's the case, Brian Cashman did very, very well.

This is an exciting loss of a trade I think.

Rutherford is very exciting, and Clarkin is nice, but this is not a win by any means.

We are giving up 3 quality pieces and taking on Clippards contract here.

The one thing to note is how lackluster the other deals have been so far in the trade deadline in terms of prospects. So I can understand it from this point of view.

One more quality piece added and I think it's a very even deal. 2 more quality pieces, I think we win. 0 quality pieces added to the 3 and we lose (slightly).

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
lol at people who hate this deal. frazier = a rental and not even a good one at that, robertson = decent closer not particularly special or dominant with no value to current team, kahnle = one year wonder who was terrible last year. I'm totally fine selling high on a guy who looked like hot garbage last year. Robertson also looked terrible at times last year.

For a top 40 prospect. The problem is people bringing up these 5 player packages, some including Torres. Cashman isn't a dumbass. He knows he isn't getting great players back, too.

I know that lots of prospects turn out to be busts. However, with the top tier talent, which the Sox have been acquiring, I think that the quality is more important than the quantity, as I stated earlier in the evening, before any names were announced.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:57 PM)
lol at people who hate this deal. frazier = a rental and not even a good one at that, robertson = decent closer not particularly special or dominant with no value to current team, kahnle = one year wonder who was effectively a middle reliever last year. Robertson also looked terrible at times last year.

Well David Robertson is 14th in reliever WAR since 2015 and there are legitimate reasons to believe that Kahnle has taken a step forward making him one of the best relievers in the league, so simplifying it like this is actually rather poor.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:58 PM)
This is an exciting loss of a trade I think.

Rutherford is very exciting, and Clarkin is nice, but this is not a win by any means.

We are giving up 3 quality pieces and taking on Clippards contract here.

The one thing to note is how lackluster the other deals have been so far in the trade deadline in terms of prospects. So I can understand it from this point of view.

One more quality piece added and I think it's a very even deal. 2 more quality pieces, I think we win. 0 quality pieces added to the 3 and we lose (slightly).

Frazier is not a quality piece. He's a rental coming off 1.5 s*** years.

Kahnle has be a "piece" for 3 months.

People are crazy

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:01 PM)
Frazier is not a quality piece. He's a rental coming off 1.5 s*** years.

Kahnle has be a "piece" for 3 months.

People are crazy

Thank you.

Literally anything we get for players we don't need and salary we can dump is a win.