Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTH there were Yankee fans and people here who didn't think Rutherford was on the table for Q!!!! I maintain, with his salary Frazier had little or nearly negative value ( Clippard salary back). To get a good prospect most thought we had to include money with Robertson. This is not bad at all. Another high risk high reward by getting lower level people, hope some hit as some won't.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:50 PM)
And Rutherford could easily turn into nothing.

Now you are just justifying your own desire to like this deal.

Who else on this team is going to return a blue chip positional prospect? Maybe Avi if he hit like this the rest of the year. It had to be done. We only have so many chances at getting blue chip prospects in trades.

If this team had a massive payroll I could understand going for the quantity over quality argument. Need to maximize chances of acquiring cost controlled future all stars with payroll constraints. Once the major league team is bare we only have a couple years of high draft picks and an occasional bigger international signing.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:02 PM)
That's the game we're playing now. We are loading up on cards and hoping that a couple of ours wind up being kings and aces. The Yankees are playing a different game - they need a guy to continue winning coin flips after winning a coin flip this year.

I don't think I'd have been thrilled with a return for either Robertson or Frazier, so using them to max out Kahnle's value now makes me happy.

But that doesn't mean you have to move a guy like Kanhle today. He still had the opportunity to become a K or an A.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:01 PM)
Yeah, I mean it isn't like he doesn't have incredible stuff. It isn't like we didn't trade a quality prospect for him BEFORE he broke out.

I think you guys are getting a bit high on the prospect punch.

I think the risk was just too great in holding Kahnle 1 more year. I'm sure Hahn asked every team about him and no one probably beat Rutherford.

If it was a sub 50 guy I think Sox pass, but I think they wanted Rutherford that bad.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:03 PM)
Who else on this team is going to return a blue chip positional prospect? Maybe Avi if he hit like this the rest of the year. It had to be done. We only have so many chances at getting blue chip prospects in trades.

There was no need to move him RIGHT NOW.

QUOTE (Enscheff @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:04 PM)
Hahn turned a rental at 3B plus 2 non-elite BP arms into Blake Rutherford and some folks aren't ecstatic?

The Sox just added a Top 30-35 position player to the system, who gives a s*** what else was in the deal?

How is Kahnle not elite?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:04 PM)
Tito Polo

Hitting .300 at the AA level with 26 SB, about to turn 23. Also has 25 XBH so far this year

Polo is a talented player with sneaky pop and good speed. I think he ends up playing a role in the majors as a solid forth outfielder.