Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 23s23 seconds ago

The #Yankees and Brian Cashman doing a brilliant job rebuilding and winning at same time, and will have Robertson/Kahnle in 2018, as well

Nightengale tweeting as if the deal is done. Come on, someone start leaking out a few of the prospects heading the Sox way...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
I like Andujar but neither guy is a BA top 100 prospect as of a few weeks ago

That's interesting because MLB Pipeline has Mateo as #37 and Andujar as the 7TH best third base prospect. That's upon what I was basing my thoughts.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Really Fathom? Who else besides Andujar and Mateo would comprise a sufficient return? I assume that it would be a low level prospect.

Neither guy is a top 100 prospect, although I think Andujar probably deserves some consideration. Regardless, that's not enough for Robertson+Kahnle assuming we're sending back any sort of cash. Frazier is really more of a sweetner IMO.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:39 AM)
That's interesting because MLB Pipeline has Mateo as #37 and Andujar as the 7TH best third base prospect. That's upon what I was basing my thoughts.

Just from what I've read in KLaw chats this year, he's mentioned a lot how Rutherford and Mateo just don't hit the ball very hard. Mateo has been great of late since his promotion.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:34 PM)
Torres isn't getting moved. Wish it weren't true, but you do not trade Torres for a rental 3B/1B and bullpen arms. That's just highway robbery. Cashman is not dumb by a long stretch.Give me Rutherford, Adams, and Fowler, and I'll say it was a good trade. I'd take Andjujar and/or Mateo as well. Yanks have so many good pieces. Red Sox could never match.

Lol, Torres was acquired for a bullpen arm. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but let's not use relievers being the reason why.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)
Neither guy is a top 100 prospect, although I think Andujar probably deserves some consideration. Regardless, that's not enough for Robertson+Kahnle assuming we're sending back any sort of cash. Frazier is really more of a sweetner IMO.

I thought they both were

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:28 PM)
If Andujar and Mateo are coming back, I doubt that there would be any other players included.

I'd certainly be thrilled with those 2.

Wouldn't mind a pitcher.

Mateo is one of those prospects who sounds familiar, but I don't think he's on the top lists. could be wrong.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 08:41 PM)
Lol, Torres was acquired for a bullpen arm. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but let's not use relievers being the reason why.

One of these years people will learn not to say so and so isn't being moved. Certainly not saying we'd get Torres in this deal but who the hell knows.