Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
Finishing as a bottom 6 team three times isn't doing a great job?

Yes seeing as the White Sox have picked 3 and 8 while trying to win in the past three years

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:20 AM)
Actually, no. You do not. You do not like to win games when you tank.

35th, you can't resist commenting bluntly to anybody who suggests they want to win. You are like the old me in posting. Your position on tanking is well known but you post on and on about it.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 02:23 AM)
I stand firmly by the position that losing on purpose is stupid. You want to win even if you're not actively trying to put good players on your MLB roster. The losing is a byproduct of the restocking of the system. You want fans to come out and see wins and you want your players to play well in tough situations whenever they present themselves.

If you want to start an "I always want to win" club, I'll join, but I don't think we'll have many members.

BTW: I see Rutherford isn't much of a long ball guy despite being 6-foot-3. Does he project to at some point be a power guy? I see he hits doubles and must be pretty fast as he steals some bases. But he is 6-3 which would make you think he'd be a power guy. I do like the fact Rutherford and Eloy are tall. Like to see those type players rather than the grinder sized guys. I realize he's just out of high school and not trying to blast him.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
Finishing as a bottom 6 team three times isn't doing a great job?

Or you can compare to the Astros who picked 1, 1, 1, and 2 in 4 consecutive years.

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:36 PM)
Wow to get Rutherford for a rental that's not that great, closer we had no use for, and a middle reliever having a career year? Total steal. Nice work Hahn

Totally get this point of view.

But looking at it like giving away 3 above average MLB regulars for a kid in A ball seems scary. Need to see a little deadline desperation piece added.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:38 PM)
Clippard is a FA after the season, really doesn't matter.

Agreed. We're taking him back so we have an arm and don't have to send a little cash to Yanks for D-Rob/Frazier. Same thing as if we sent cash wish them, didn't get Clippard back and Yanks dfa'd him.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:37 PM)
Yes seeing as the White Sox have picked 3 and 8 while trying to win in the past three years

Well they did a great job comparing it to the Sox. Didn't they have the 10th and 11st the last two years, while trying to suck?

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:33 PM)
Man, I agree with the first part.

I would have never traded both Robertson and Kahnle for Rutherford.

Especially if we are taking back Clippard.

You miss the A's deal? They killed the market for relief pitching. Miracle we got Rutherford for those two.