Sox send Frazier/DRob/Kahnle to NY ~ Rutherford/Clarkin/Clippard/Polo

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:36 PM)
I'm gonna miss DRob. He struggled at times but I have never heard one bad thing about him off the field.

He was one of the few free agents we've signed that wasn't a massive bust. And from the Yanks perspective, they have a ridiculous bullpen and Frazier is the type of bat that I think fits nicely for a contender. Yanks pen can be dominant (think Royals of a couple years ago). That model can work (when combined with a nice offense).

It will be nice to see Clippard pitch decently so Hahn can flip him.

Clippard has enough incentive - get off of this team, join a winning team, set things up for his next contract

Polo looks pretty athletic. That's a plus.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:37 PM)
Not yet, need some big INF prospects. I like Burger and Sheets but after seeing Jimenez, Moncada, and Rutherford coming through those two look average at best

There's this Moncada guy

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:24 PM)
Hahn seemed to feel like Rutherford could stick at CF

Yeah, because it seems that they put very little value on defense. Quite literally, of all the fielding prospects we have gotten in the rebuilt, how many have been described as good defenders? Basically zero. How many have been described as needing work or may have to be moved to a different position? Basically all of them.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
I'm not sure some of you guys understand Rutherford's potential value and future impact.

He's been coveted by a ton of teams in talks and was a very tough get.

Front office is THRILLED to acquire him.

So I will indulge you.

What IS his potential?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 05:37 AM)
Undoubtedly the worst of the big trades. To trade 3 major leaguers including two with some nice value for only guy who will enter your top 20 or 25 prospects is not good to say the least. Just got to hope it land out and it doesn't matter anyways.

Clarkin is very underrated. I would put him in the Guerrero range and say he has a better chance to start than someone like Fulmer