Moncada being called up

Sockin

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:47 AM)
No...and I just saw the same thing.

They must be planning to sell it already stitched on that way?

I assume that's part of it. In fairness, he hasn't played a game. You can't even customize it.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 05:55 AM)
I assume that's part of it. In fairness, he hasn't played a game. You can't even customize it.

So when the Bears traded for Cutler, I immediately went online and had a jersey customized.

Then they released ones they mass-produced like a day later.

You could definitely tell the difference in the letters and the spacing of the letters.

My guess is they want to filter all the Moncada orders through the mass produced line, rather than sending them through the custom line.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:58 AM)
So when the Bears traded for Cutler, I immediately went online and had a jersey customized.

Then they released ones they mass-produced like a day later.

You could definitely tell the difference in the letters and the spacing of the letters.

My guess is they want to filter all the Moncada orders through the mass produced line, rather than sending them through the custom line.

I never thought about it, but you're probably right.

I would expect something today or tomorrow. There's no way they'd miss a chance to capitalize on all this buzz.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 05:59 AM)
I never thought about it, but you're probably right.

I would expect something today or tomorrow. There's no way they'd miss a chance to capitalize on all this buzz.

Yeah, they have some of the lesser-priced ones up already.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 06:10 AM)
Btw, what number is Jimenez at Winston Salem?

Robert was 56 for Cuba and IG, but think he has a different DSL number.

I want to buy a Mrytle Beach Pelicans Jimenez jersey to mess with Cubs' fans. Wish it had Cubs' logo/patch on sleeves.

Looks like 26. He was 12 at MB.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
So going from one bandbox to another. He clearly has work to do but lets not pretend he doesn't have the talent to do it at the highest level.

THIS.

You either got it our you don't. (think that's from a curb episode even if I butchered the exact wording)

He has flaws. We all have heard about them, but just like Buxton, there's not much to prove in AAA anymore. Buxton was the #1 for how many years? I think Moncada is kind of the same as him - he probably has the tools to be the best prospect, but hasn't put it all together. What else doyou wait for though? I'd like to see him improve too, but a lineup of Sanchez, Saladino, Hansen, etc. doesn't do anything for me. Those guys are UTIL at best. Let Moncada take his licks with no pressure, learn from new MLB coaches. You never know when something clicks with a new coach. For example look at Kanhle.

I believe the same for Lopez right now too. And Fulmer. I think that Lopez could benefit from Cooper instead of AAA coaching. Fulmer as well. Fulmer is a high makeup guy. He's a competitor. I don't think he's going to fail because we borught him up too early to learn in the majors.

Other hand? I think Giolito could use some seasoning. Let him clear his head. He to me, is more the basket case that you ruin by rushing.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 07:44 AM)
I agree it's time to bring him up, especially with Frazier being traded. Question is, who gets the majority of the time at 3rd? Or do Saladino, Sanchez, and Davidson all share time there? I would assume Moncada will pretty much take over 2nd.

Everything I've seen so far is they're claiming Moncada will be playing 3rd tonight.... but why? :unsure:

QUOTE (Steve226 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
Everything I've seen so far is they're claiming Moncada will be playing 3rd tonight.... but why? :unsure:

Idiocy? Whether that's by the sportswriters or by the White Sox we'll see.

Sanchez and Saladino should take over 3b and Moncada should be the starting 2b when he's in the lineup.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 03:45 AM)
July performance much better than June.

The wrist/hand injury really set him back but he learned to play through it. That's 50-75% of the reason for his mid year slump right there.

His batting average is higher in July than June but his OPS in July is down from June slightly, his K-rate is worse in July than June, and his BB rate has cratered in July compared to June. His July performance offensively is worse than his June performance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:33 AM)
Idiocy? Whether that's by the sportswriters or by the White Sox we'll see.

Sanchez and Saladino should take over 3b and Moncada should be the starting 2b when he's in the lineup.

I saw he's the starting 2B immediately, from Hahn I believe

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:16 PM)
I'm 100% sure he'll start tonight. Only possible reason he wouldn't start is if he gets injured or sick before the game.

or if he misses his flight................................

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 12:40 PM)
im pretty sure we would know by now if that happened

I'm sure the Sox had him flying the first 1st class ticket out of Charlotte as soon as the trade was finalized last night. He's probably been in Chicago since last night. Hopefully he got a good night's rest.