7/19 Game Thread: Dodgers @ Sox

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 03:11 AM)
I wasn't arguing that he wasn't going to figure it out, just that it will be too late to be useful to the Sox when he does. I agree that he has too much talent to never figure it out; just not sure that it will happen here.

I think you are being to pessimistic. Our super minor league talent is going to hit Chicago in like 2-3 years. Anderson is our SS going forward and Rodon an ace lefty. They will be there

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game reminds me of Little League when we, the best team in the league, would play the worst team -- the one in which the manager let everybody play an equal amount of innings.

The Dodger hitters are figuratively attacking the baseball as our beloved Bears Mt. Greenwood Little League team did in destroying the miserable Larks.

Boy, the Sox have a bad team. Good crowd tonight, however. Kudos to the fans. Read this entire game thread. As a current dismayed fan, I've enjoyed reading some negativity for a change. The game thread delivers some negativity which has calmed me down tonight.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
The Dodgers are REALLY good...but the 2nd half for the Sox is going to be rough. Buckle up.

Rough is an understatement, but it will be for the best

Didn't see the Anderson bunt. Are u all positive he didn't run it out? That's a no no from a youngster. Wonder if the media will ask Renteria about it. Probably would be a tough question to ask considering the game means nothing at this stage of the season. Probably no need to cause a scene but if he didn't hustle ... scary.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 03:28 AM)
Jesus there isn't an out yet is there.

Holmberg got a K for the first out. I think the ump helped set that up though. Based loaded again and Anderson to Moncada to Abreu DP gets us out of it

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 20, 2017 -> 03:35 AM)
Didn't see the Anderson bunt. Are u all positive he didn't run it out? That's a no no from a youngster. Wonder if the media will ask Renteria about it. Probably would be a tough question to ask considering the game means nothing at this stage of the season. Probably no need to cause a scene but if he didn't hustle ... scary.

Two strike bunt and he bunted it too hard. He kind of looked at the pitcher who threw to third for a force. Tim was kind of looking at it and then ran. If he had hustled he would have been safe

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)

It isn't that he didn't run it out -- it's that he didn't run out of the box. I don't think it was a lack of hustle as much as a mental error. He made contact, assumed it was a sacrifice, then started to run hard when he realized he could be doubled up.

Dumb play, but a specific kind.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
3 good at bats today for Moncada. One long AB walk, one barely missed a double, line drive right at CF.

Yep, he looked like a patient hitter today, and that's something we've needed for years.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 19, 2017 -> 09:39 PM)
So Fathom and I were discussing this...does anyone have Milb TV?

And if so, is it worth it?

I've had it in the past. The quality of the feeds varies greatly, but they're improving all the time. If you're going to watch AA/AAA, you're generally going to see a really professional setup. Gets sketchier lower than that, and not every short season team even has a stream.

But it's really cheap, and the quality is plenty good enough to get a look at the guys in the mid and upper levels. Definitely worth it if you actually want to watch on a consistent basis.