Clippard to Houston for PTBNL or cash

Superstar Lamar

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't denigrate Clippard and his ability. It appeared he worked with Cooper and made some adjustments in his delivery that certainly seemed to provide positive results. If nothing else those results convinced the Astros to trade for him. I was confused when we took him in the original deal from the Yanks, but he certainly had the credentials. Now the question is what do we get back from Houston. A decent prospect, or money with which to use to help sign free agents?

QUOTE (JPR @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 12:00 PM)
Absolutely amazing the best gM in da game turned this piece of Bronx trash into anything! That's why Hahn is da best. Somebody give Coop a pay raise. He should be in the hall of fame when it is all said and done.

Hell yea! I hope he gets a huge statue out front when he retires. "The house that Coop built."

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 04:30 PM)
You just seemed amazed that a 5'6" guy had 10 homers in the minor leagues. I was just showing how the same franchise has a major league player who is 5'6" with 20+ homers and may win the MVP award.

Nice catch. Good job.

This guy's stats beg a September call up. Would love to get him. He might be a real leadoff hitter at 5-6.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
You're as big of a troll as greg now...

It's not trolling to suggest Jerry will be making a lot of money the next several seasons thanks to the rebuild. True they paid Robert.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 04:03 PM)
:lolhitting

The trolling has gotten bad. I think the tinfoil hats are causing short circuits.

It's not trolling to blast our front office and owner. I'm glad we won it in 05, so glad and I hate to even say this, BUT if we hadn't made that WS and stormed to the title, we arguably could be considered the worst organization in baseball history, albeit there would be a couple other contenders. Granted, we did win it all, erasing the worst organization talk, but still there's no question the Sox have done plenty of things worth criticizing and not drinking the Koolaid does not make one a troll. The Royals annoucers were mocking the Sox in the last season, does that mean they are trolling? What the hell is a troll anyway?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 10:03 AM)
:lolhitting

The trolling has gotten bad. I think the tinfoil hats are causing short circuits.

Where's the money going? Is it not lining the chairman's pockets? The payroll will be so low that they better spend spend spend a few years from now, or they better have some fantastic giveaways and events at the park next year

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 04:41 PM)
I am now certain that ron883 is the same person as greg775. Two different personas, but the same underlying person.

Why are you guys so pro front office and pro management?

What the hell is a troll anyway?

A troll, according to the Urban Dictionary on line is:

"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

A troll has a vastly different agenda than a true fan of the White Sox, especially toward other fans of our team.

I have encountered a few trolls on this site, posters who are spoiling for a fight, belittling, hurling insults, playing the one-upmanship game, etc. Greg isn't a troll and neither am I.

I just come here to check on White Sox news, opinions and to occasionally share my own opinion or ask a question. Unfortunately trolling is a sport, maybe even a lifestyle for a few sorry basturds that have nothing better to do with their time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 11:46 AM)
Why are you guys so pro front office and pro management?

Greg: "It's despicable that this team will have a 40m payroll next year. They should sign 10 free agents. JR is a crook and should be ashamed"

Also Greg: "Why did they sign pathetic Adam Dunn and John Danks to such a big contract? They should DFA them right now."

Greg: "This rebuild is a pathetic money grab by JR and I rate it a 2"

Also Greg: "I see us having 8 can't miss positional prospects and at least 3 aces who should all easily be All-Stars by 2020"

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 11:32 AM)
Where's the money going? Is it not lining the chairman's pockets? The payroll will be so low that they better spend spend spend a few years from now, or they better have some fantastic giveaways and events at the park next year

Well, the Sox did spent a couple of bucks on Luis Robert, so there's that.

Same question was asked by the fans of the cubs and Astros while they were rebuilding. Both GM's, like Hahn, said they would spend when the time came and they did. The Sox have to wait a few years to see what prospects pan out so they know what holes to plug through FA or trades. As other have pointed out, it's likely sign scrap heaps to flip mid season and probably the same for the '18/'19 winter off season.

None of the big name free agents will desire signing with the Sox during a rebuild. Two years from now that could change after some of these prospects have come up and established themselves. Moncada and Lopez are already up generating a buzz. Hell, Delmonico has made a bit noise. Wait til names like Jimenez, Kopech, Hansen, Giolito and Burger make their way up. The team will look alot more tantalizing to free agents. Sorry, fans have non choice but to ride this out because like it or not it's happening and going to take some time. Not good for those used to instant self gratification.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
What the hell is a troll anyway?

A troll, according to the Urban Dictionary on line is:

"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument."

A troll has a vastly different agenda than a true fan of the White Sox, especially toward other fans of our team.

I have encountered a few trolls on this site, posters who are spoiling for a fight, belittling, hurling insults, playing the one-upmanship game, etc. Greg isn't a troll and neither am I.

I just come here to check on White Sox news, opinions and to occasionally share my own opinion or ask a question. Unfortunately trolling is a sport, maybe even a lifestyle for a few sorry basturds that have nothing better to do with their time.

You dont see trolls last on this site very long because the Mod and Admin team remove them after they are identified. The next step is people who just like being assholes to the rest of the group, to everyone. Those are also removed.

Greg isnt a troll, despite what many people here think of him. He chooses to make uninformed statements frequently and ignore counterarguments and facts presented to him. He calls people who use statistics in arguments "statniks" because he doesnt recognize the full application of these stats within arguments. Its just who he is. Recently he did toe the line of troll and recognized it and stepped back. Kudos for that.

Pretty much everyone on this site is a true white sox fan. If someone thinks there is actually trolling going on, they can address it with the mod team as opposed to calling it out on the board. As a group we tend to try and work with someone who is "trolling" before we bounce them. Of course there are people who just come in with full intention of spamming and being a true troll(dont really see that too often anymore), but arguing a different opinion doesnt make them a troll.

Why is it so hard for some here to understand greg's argument? He is rating the rebuild process entirely by the on field results of the White Sox. It's extremely short sighted and easy to disagree with (as I do), but it's not that hard to understand that he's rating the rebuild a 2 right now because the 2016 White Sox are 45-70.