7/24 Games

SoxAce

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 01:15 AM)
I'm hopeful for Collins becoming a better hitter, but the Sox front office better be looking long and hard at the people instructing these guys in the minors. They cannot afford having bad hitting results anymore.

Not a good sign that his strikeouts are getting worse as the pitching should be getting slightly worse due to promotions to AA

With Burdi out, I wish they'd just let Fulmer try his hand at closing. I'm normally all for giving a pitcher every opportunity to stick as a starter, but it just seems like they're delaying the inevitable. Kind of bummed I feel this way, but I struggle to see him ever becoming a reliable starter.

QUOTE (shoeless_joe21 @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:26 AM)
With Burdi out, I wish they'd just let Fulmer try his hand at closing. I'm normally all for giving a pitcher every opportunity to stick as a starter, but it just seems like they're delaying the inevitable. Kind of bummed I feel this way, but I struggle to see him ever becoming a reliable starter.

Here's my concern about Fulmer as a reliever in the majors. When he got called up last year, his stuff didn't improve out of the pen. If they want to make him a reliever, make him prove he can be a quality reliever in the minors.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
I'm hopeful for Collins becoming a better hitter, but the Sox front office better be looking long and hard at the people instructing these guys in the minors. They cannot afford having bad hitting results anymore.

s***, what does it take??

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 01:15 AM)

Amen.

Or going bust on relatively high draft picks like Fulmer and Collins.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2017 -> 08:15 PM)

I'm afraid guys who are still far away like Rutherford, Robert, and Collins will not develop to their potential in the hands of this system. You would spend $50M on one 19 year old kid, but not $5M on better coaching staff and data analysts across the system?

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:05 AM)
Because this organization is loyal to a fault, and most of our minor league coaching staff are former White Sox.

It really is quite amazing that Buddy Bell has been involved with the minor league development as long as he has given the horrific results under his regime