Avi Garcia to the DL

LittleHurt05

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)
I hope they shut him down the rest of the year. His batting average has plummetted all because of the injury. He's done nothing of late cept see the .345 drop, drop, drop. Sox brass knows what he can do. No reason to play any more this season until he's 100 PERCENT HEALTHY.

Kudos to Avi for a nice season. We'll never know what kinda numbers he might have put up if healthy.

I mean if the thumb gets 100 percent better, fine. If not, shut er down please.

It's a two week recovery maybe four at the outside but he will be back before Sept

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 09:44 PM)
The timing sure is interesting. He's been struggling for a bit now. Is it his thumb? Is it just regression to the mean? Probably a little of both but impossible to say for sure either way.

It's his thumb Mr Trump LOL

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2017 -> 04:53 PM)
Garcia last 7 days: BA 0.125, .285 OPS

Garcia 7 games before that: .296 BA, .863 OPS (crosses AS break)

And the 7 days before that? Just too small of a sample size to make anything out of that. He was struggling mightily before the All Star break, had a nice run for a few days after the break and started struggling again. What does that mean? I don't know but like I said, it is just interesting timing.

Edited by Rowand44

I've been posting on Motown Sports, masquerading as a Tiger fan off and on, for about 14 years mostly just to talk up the South Siders and point out Detroit's misteps along the way...Lol ohhhh how I wish I still had that government job at the Thompson Centre working for Blagoevich before he went to prison...easy money! Just like Eddie furlong said in Terminator 2. I'm really disappointed that Avi got hurt because now we can't trade the 5 tool player who is having an amazing season.

Eloy is batting almost .500 since joining Winston Salem (I believe). That's like me in the Babe Ruth league growing up making the front page of The Star. With eloy, Robert, Rutherford and a plethora of other sleepers we don't need Avi. I bet he gets traded during the winter meetings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hand injuries IMO are ruining the seasons of my two favorite Sox: Avi and Davidson.

We'll never know how much Avi's hand injury affected his at bats during his recent slide. And Davidson's time off figures to derail his charge toward 30 HRs. Also the nature of his injury will not be conducive to HRs.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
He could certainly help the team scratch out a few wins though.

+1 Wouldn't want to actually win a few more games. I'm being serious. There is zero reason to rush him back. Keep losing. We've made it this far. Might as well go for the #1 spot. Adding a #1 pick to this farm system, not to mention all the additional bonus pool money, is bonkers. The bonkers part is that the #1 overall pick will probably slide in at at #3 in the system behind Eloy and Kopech. drool.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 10:23 PM)
+1 Wouldn't want to actually win a few more games. I'm being serious. There is zero reason to rush him back. Keep losing. We've made it this far. Might as well go for the #1 spot. Adding a #1 pick to this farm system, not to mention all the additional bonus pool money, is bonkers. The bonkers part is that the #1 overall pick will probably slide in at at #3 in the system behind Eloy and Kopech. drool.

Ugh. Let Avi play in the bigs now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Wonder how close Cashman was to letting go of Torres for Q or the eventual package that became Rutherford...?

Probably not very, despite the season-ending surgery.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.3372695

Caulfield can i please have my time back for reading that article. Had nothing to do with what you posted

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Wonder how close Cashman was to letting go of Torres for Q or the eventual package that became Rutherford...?

Probably not very, despite the season-ending surgery.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball...ticle-1.3372695

Historians, correct me if I am wrong, or just add to this.

Cashman was originally hired by The Boss Steinbrenner years ago when Cashman was a youngster, not really qualified to be GM, but that's what GS wanted. So, George ran the show and Cashman did as told, and years later, Cashman is probably as good as any GM in MLB.

QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)
When Avi comes back, who goes?

I'm guessing Engel.

I happened to go on the White Sox website Saturday about an hour before the game, they were showing a live stream of BP. Avi was hitting and really crushed one. All the people talking just went silent watching it. You couldn't see where it went, but it was drilled. Davidson was in his group and he was wincing on every swing. I was surprised he was in the early Sunday line up, and not surprised he was scratched.

Edited by Dick Allen