Moncada/Willy Garcia leave game after collision

Jose Abreu

I was feeling relieved about the injury before being reminded that Schwarber had a "knee contusion" last year that ended up being a season ending torn ACL/LCL.

re: Willy, I'm probably one of his biggest fans on the board and was initially upset at the thought of him not having these next couple months to prove himself. Hopefully he won't need much time to come back

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:22 PM)
I was feeling relieved about the injury before being reminded that Schwarber had a "knee contusion" last year that ended up being a season ending torn ACL/LCL.

Schwarber's knee twisted though in his collision with Fowler. I remember as I watched that game. Moncada's knee didn't look nearly as serious. But you never know. I'd be shocked though if something was torn. I was more nervous about a fracture.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:31 PM)
Schwarber's knee twisted though in his collision with Fowler. I remember as I watched that game. Moncada's knee didn't look nearly as serious. But you never know. I'd be shocked though if something was torn. I was more nervous about a fracture.

X rays are already negative. They said during the game

Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account @CST_soxvan 48s49 seconds ago

#whitesox saying there's no need for an MRI for Yoan Moncada.

Dan Hayes‏Verified account @CSNHayes 2m2 minutes ago

Yoan Moncada's injury is strictly a muscle issue, no MRI is necessary.#WhiteSox

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 11:11 PM)
Great news about Moncada although it was pretty obvious. Still good to see it though.

When a player gets carted off the field, it's rarely great news like this. We dodged a bullet today for both Garcia and moncada.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 12:12 AM)
Willie Harris. Kind of ironic both he and Willy have the same pronunciation in their name in a collision injury.

That injury and season sucked. They hit 242 home runs that year despite losing Maggs for 2/3 of the year and The Big Hurt for 1/2 the year. Had they both been healthy they may have made the playoffs (though their pitching was mediocre) and probably would have set the all time single season team home run record.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 10:52 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen‏Verified account

@CST_soxvan

Willy Garcia was KOd but "I feel much better now." Wasn't aware of what happened until he saw video of collision with Moncada

If he doesn't go on the 7-day concussion DL, then what's the point of having it?

• 5 weeks later...