2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 09:25 AM)
I hate the label "bust" for players who have their careers destroyed by injury. I also hate when fans blame players for their injuries. Like the player some how has any control on staying healthy.

Football is brutal and multiple players get hurt every game.

This. I have no idea why anyone plays football. Well I do the whole manly man , honor and glory, stardom and on and on but jeez parents steer your kids to baseball.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
I missed most of the game......Did the Bears play Howard and Cohen together in a 2 back set at all? What about Cohen split out wide as a receiver? Dude has really good hands and looks like he could be something....Bears need play makers out there.

They did a wildcat with Cohen as "QB" and Howard scored. I think that was the only time they shared the backfield

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 08:19 PM)
This. I have no idea why anyone plays football. Well I do the whole manly man , honor and glory, stardom and on and on but jeez parents steer your kids to baseball.

Because many of the kids that play in the NFL can't take a partial scholarship to play baseball in college and they also don't want to wait 6-7 years to get a payday in their sport likely. That's just one reason.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
Because many of the kids that play in the NFL can't take a partial scholarship to play baseball in college and they also don't want to wait 6-7 years to get a payday in their sport likely. That's just one reason.

I understand your point, but even the arb numbers are better than most of the "payday" deals these guys get.

When you run a league where it's clear your owners are responding to racism on the part of your fans, and you have to figure out some way to answer questions about it without saying your fanbase is racist, you say things like this:

“One thing I do as a commissioner is, I don’t make those decisions. I’m not a football expert.”

Tell ya what then pal, trade jobs with me and I'll do yours for 1/2 the salary and after a year I'll be a football expert.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 14, 2017 -> 08:56 PM)
Thursday night football sucks the most

Thursday night football blows. It's almost always a bad game. MNF isn't much better in terms of game quality, either.

For me, though, the worst part of the Thursday games is managing my confidence pools and fantasy team. I don't like that I have to think about this stuff as early as Tuesday. It's non-stop, and gambling/fantasy is one of the things that makes the NFL so popular.

The Thursday games are making the NFL season miserable for me. I'm about ready to quit both picks and fantasy pools. And that, combined with the Bears generally sucking, will make the NFL pretty much irrelevant for me.

Pretty cool Lawrence Taylor insight from Bill Belichick https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bill-belichick...-143206500.html

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)
And thus ends Chicago's love affair with Tarik Cohen. Such a bad decision

Very bad decision...yes...still a really good and exciting player. Awful decision in an awful game. I know this is not all on Glennon but I'm ready for Trubisky to come in haha.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 17, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
Whelp, my Sunday afternoon just opened up. Will they win 5 games this year?

They should...but they will have games where they get smacked down...the offense is just way too one-dimensional...especially with Glennon. Zero playmakers at the wide-out position. Defense can play but Bucs have a ton of passing weapons and when Bears are on the field as much as they have been (thanks to turnovers and too many holding penalties)....they are going to have a hard time. Especially because they still massively lack playmakers on the defense who can create turnovers.

Glennon is going to have a lot of turnovers with this offense....defense doesn't have to cover that much of the field given the s***ty wide-outs and Glennon doesn't have the tools to overcome that. You just know you'll have a lot of TO's with how few downfield passes you are going to have. When you are behind as much as the Bears are....you really are going to let the defense pin its ears back and force turnovers.

Is Trubisky coming in? Good for him to get a little exposure haha.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 11, 2017 -> 05:02 PM)
Vincent Jackson still out there.

Wheaton hopefully can help Bears stretch field (if he gets healthy). Shaheen is still a long ways away (based upon practice reports). And outside of that, we obviously don't really have anyone on the roster unless Gentry is some hidden gem.