2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 06:46 AM)
I think not even putting Trubisky at all coupled with the fact that he started running the clock out at the end of the third quarter is why I am pretty much done with him now. It is not the first time he has done something like that

I agree with the rest of your thoughts, but there was no reason to throw in Trubisky last night during that s*** show. Let him start fresh vs. Minnesota with a full week to get ready.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 07:22 AM)
When your options are Josh Bellamy, Markus Wheaton and Deonte Thompson? Um.. yea. (even Kendall Wright is meh, but he at least is average so I won't lump him with the others)

And hopefully as Hub said, Shaheen and Trubisky are hopefully connecting on alot of TDs the next 10+ years. Might as well see if the future is now.

Remember when Zach Miller was exciting?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 07:24 AM)
I agree with the rest of your thoughts, but there was no reason to throw in Trubisky last night during that s*** show. Let him start fresh vs. Minnesota with a full week to get ready.

Meh, three turnovers in the first half, even Jim “I think Glennon will keep getting better” Miller said he was surprised that Fox didn’t put Trubisky in.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
Glennon is horrific. Seriously, horrific

Meh, he's just another sorry ass QB in a loooong string of terrible Bears QBs. Cutler is the standout here because he was overall slightly better than average (nowhere near worth that ridiculous contract he was gifted), therefore he is the Bears GOAT QB, that's how sorry this organization has been with QBs.

I truly hope Trubisky is the real deal, but considering our history, not that hopeful but who knows, lightning strikes you know...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 09:00 AM)
Shouldn't Ryan Pace be held accountable for giving Glennon $15M?

I get that they now have Trubisky and Glennon is not a long term solution but when they signed him they must of felt he was at least a good QB. Complete misfire there by pace and his staff.

Yes. Because their evaluation was essentially is Mike Glennon better than Brian Hoyer, not "was Mike Glennon the QB of future". I think they knew the latter was not true. But it's clear they thought Glennon was at least at the Ryan Fitzpatrick level of quarterbacking, and he was definitely not.

Now, saving grace would I guess be that this would be a pro scouting fail, and not a amateur scouting fail, and it looks like we have a shot with Trubs. But I have not been impressed with our pro scouting, even though granted we've largely bargain bin shopped.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 10:21 AM)
I'm gonna go Craig Krenzel

Look at this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chica...ng_quarterbacks

You would think after 3 decades you would luck into a decent QB at least once. Cutler was the best and he was/is terrible.

I love that EVERY time the Bears play the Packers, the broadcast team is compelled to show a graphic of QB's for each organization since Favre.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 09:58 AM)
Death is not an option. Mike Glennon or Jonathon Quinn?

Honestly glennon. At least when Glennon throws there is a reasonable chance of a completion. QUinn just couldn't find anyone and when he threw it it was nowhere near them.

What has been so remarkable about Glennon is how much his lack of mobility hurts him. When you hear a QB is a statue to me that's not THAT big of a warning sign. But because he processes the play so slowly he becomes completely vulnerable to ... lotsa fumbles.

But we should have seen this coming. His thoughts on why he did so well in the 3rd preseason game should have been more damning. He can only execute a play that he knows where his ball is supposed to go and the play goes as planned. He is not capable of creating in any way shape or form.

But yeah, when he throws it, his deep accuracy hasn't been bad and when he really drives the ball he looks good. But everything needs to go right.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 06:13 AM)
We are at the point now that Shaheen and Gentry are considered weapons? Gentry is the new Sanzenbacher.

the only comparison that Gentry and Sanz have are they're both white UDFAs...that's were it ends. You realize that Gentry is 6-2 215...where Sanz was 5-10 and about a buck 85. Night and day difference from what I've seen.

The problem (or one of them) with Fox is he's really stunting the growth of this team IMO. When Trubisky starts finally I want to see both Shaheen and Gentry in the lineup...let them build off the chemistry they had in camp coming in together. There was obvious chemistry there...whether people want to admit it or not...it's very important. I still for the life of me can't see what Fox sees in Bellamy?

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
the only comparison that Gentry and Sanz have are they're both white UDFAs...that's were it ends. You realize that Gentry is 6-2 215...where Sanz was 5-10 and about a buck 85. Night and day difference from what I've seen.

The problem (or one of them) with Fox is he's really stunting the growth of this team IMO. When Trubisky starts finally I want to see both Shaheen and Gentry in the lineup...let them build off the chemistry they had in camp coming in together. There was obvious chemistry there...whether people want to admit it or not...it's very important. I still for the life of me can't see what Fox sees in Bellamy?

The only thing keeping Bellamy on the team is the fact that he is good on special teams. And IMO that is no longer a saving grace

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
preferably at the 1st down marker or past it rather than 5 yards in front of it

Don't be crazy, best not to try to get the first down and have an incompletion when you can marginally improve your field position. But then you realize Pat O'Donnell is your punter.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)

They have one more thing in common, getting majorly overhyped simply because they are white UDFA wide receivers.

The entire league could have claimed Gentry off waivers recently and chose not to. Are we to believe that Ryan Pace is just that much smarter than everyone else? Well Pace thinks he is, but that's a different topic.

I hope Gentry proves me wrong, but let's take a step back here.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)
They have one more thing in common, getting majorly overhyped simply because they are white UDFA wide receivers.

The entire league could have claimed Gentry off waivers recently and chose not to. Are we to believe that Ryan Pace is just that much smarter than everyone else? Well Pace thinks he is, but that's a different topic.

I hope Gentry proves me wrong, but let's take a step back here.

Marquis Wilson was also endlessly hyped.

the fringe players that play big in preseason become fan favorites, then, ala christian jones, you realize with the starters they are just kinda okay and easily replaceable.

But in this case, all of our receivers are kinda okay and easily replaceable. So I'm fine with getting someone a little different. But, because Glennon doesn't know what 15 yards down field looks like, I'm also a fan of cohen/that baltimore RB lining up as WRs more and just doing a lot of horizontal routes.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)
Look at this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chica...ng_quarterbacks

You would think after 3 decades you would luck into a decent QB at least once. Cutler was the best and he was/is terrible.

I love that EVERY time the Bears play the Packers, the broadcast team is compelled to show a graphic of QB's for each organization since Favre.

Forget comparing Rodgers or Favre to any Bears QB since that time, even going back to Don Majik Man Majkowski, he was better than any QB the Bears have had since then. Injuries pretty much cut his career but he was a stud in the one season he played all 16 games, 1989.

Bears just cannot get a good/great QB ever for some reason.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 01:12 PM)
If it were any other team, I would wonder if Trubisky isn't playing because the organization is tanking the season. But these are the Bears, so who knows.

I honestly think they thought Glennon could be a caretaker, and get them through the season. (Trump face) WRONG

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 29, 2017 -> 01:26 PM)
I honestly think they thought Glennon could be a caretaker, and get them through the season. (Trump face) WRONG

I would love to know who reviewed Glennon's tape and thought he was the diamond in the rough to lead the Bears above the Cutler era. I mean this guy is awful and the Bears could have had Hoyer for a fraction of Glennons price..anyway I hope Trubisky washes away any nightmares of Glennon's checkdowns soon enough.