2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Dec 10, 2017 -> 03:43 PM)
There the Bears go winning meaningless games again. They could have had a franchise-altering draft with a trade with someone coming up to get a QB, and they blew that now. Next week is an auto-win vs. Cleveland. Detroit is out of it and Minne may have nothing to play for week 17 so 6-10 or 7-9 is possible, and that would be a disaster.

Detroit isn’t out of it, and everyone thought the 49ers game was an auto-win too. I’m not gonna be mad though if they win and it shows productive games from Trubisky, Shaheen, Cohen, Howard and Jackson like we saw today

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There the Bears go winning meaningless games again. They could have had a franchise-altering draft with a trade with someone coming up to get a QB, and they blew that now. Next week is an auto-win vs. Cleveland. Detroit is out of it and Minne may have nothing to play for week 17 so 6-10 or 7-9 is possible, and that would be a disaster.

Yeah, the success of young players is a disaster. Picking high over and over has given the Bears nothing.

When the Bears lose, you say the QB sucks.

When they win, it’s meaningless and stupid.

PS; they play DET next week, not CLE. Good talk

Edited by soxfan49

Translation: Mitch was great this week so I need to find something else to complain about.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 10, 2017 -> 11:56 PM)
Fun fun game. Mitch was money as were most of the bears, including some of our young building blocks!!!

I like seeing it, I just wish we were moving up the draft board a little bit.

We clearly need WR help, badly, and probably some OL and LB. There just isnt a ton of guys you would draft top ten in those positions, outside of maybe Williams at tackle.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 07:25 AM)
I like seeing it, I just wish we were moving up the draft board a little bit.

We clearly need WR help, badly, and probably some OL and LB. There just isnt a ton of guys you would draft top ten in those positions, outside of maybe Williams at tackle.

They really need help at CB too. Fuller was mauling people yesterday and they weren't calling it. There have been games where he would have had multiple PI penalties.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 05:39 AM)
They really need help at CB too. Fuller was mauling people yesterday and they weren't calling it. There have been games where he would have had multiple PI penalties.

I don't know...outside of about 2 games, Fuller has been really good all year. He hasn't held on to the picks he should have had though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
I don't know...outside of about 2 games, Fuller has been really good all year. He hasn't held on to the picks he should have had though.

Hard to figure out what Fuller is worth based on his career up until this year, and this year. If he walks I can’t say I will be terribly sad even knowing more CBs will be needed via draft and FA

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 07:39 AM)

Maybe, but if he got called for it maybe he would have stopped. If you were getting away with it, would you stop? Fuller has played very good all season imo

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
Maybe, but if he got called for it maybe he would have stopped. If you were getting away with it, would you stop? Fuller has played very good all season imo

He hasn't shown the ability to cover guys without doing it in the past. For most of his career he hasn't shown much. Even the coaches said they weren't expecting much from him and he only started due to injuries. Who knows maybe that woke him up. I wouldn't count on him enough to give him a long term deal.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)

And he gets targeted a ton. Teams aren't afraid of him. He's having a good season, but I'm not sure he's worth the money he's going to make.

Devin Hester has retired. Dude was so dynamic and fun to watch.

Devin Hester‏Verified account

@D_Hest23

Follow Follow @D_Hest23

More

CURTAINS 🏾 Appreciate all of the love for all these years!!! Y’all made the ride incredible!!!

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
f*** you Rex Grossman

and Cedric.

it also cannot be understated how different that defense was when Tommie Harris and Mike Brown were lost for the season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
and Cedric.

it also cannot be understated how different that defense was when Tommie Harris and Mike Brown were lost for the season.

He was the key. A HOF talent no doubt wiped away by the devastating injury.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
Doesn't Cutler have an awesome record on MNF? And then on the flipside, sucks on SNF? Or do I have those backwards?

I'm not certain about Sunday night, but yes the numbers show he's been much better than usual on Monday night and much worse on Thursday night's.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 11:43 AM)
f*** you Rex Grossman

IIRC the Bears were up 14-6 AND Vinatieri missed a FG, which never happens in the playoffs, yet from there the “great defense” stopped tackling. I felt like they missed one tackle on every run play. Grossman didn’t play well, but the defense was awful