2017-2018 NFL Thread

P

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 09:56 AM)
It's funny. I was just thinking about that. No matter what assistant coach/coordinator/HC is hired, the praise is always high, for any team. I remember the Trestman/Tucker/Kromer combo. I was PSYCHED for that trio.

Lincecome has a column where he states every new Bears coach is better than the last one and not as good as the next one. It is true. There was a lot of excitement about Tressman. Even during the season. It did help they actually had some playmakers on offense, but when their welcome wore out, and Forte got a little longer in the tooth, all hell broke loose. Fox was a very popular hire, and then people couldn't wait to get rid of him. Hopefully, Nagy will buck a trend.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 06:20 AM)
I actually prefer Arizona's d-coordinator. Arians supposedly urged Arizona F.O. to promote him to HC and not lose him. That's how much he values him. Plus he grew up a Bears fan.

Fangio is really dragging this on. I think had alot of his possible destinations not close up he'd be gone.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 07:17 AM)
Fangio is really dragging this on. I think had alot of his possible destinations not close up he'd be gone.

I think he thinks his interview with the Bears to be a HC was a token, and he had no chance, and wants to exhaust every avenue before returning.

The beat writers said all season, if he wasn't going to be the Bears HC, he would be somewhere else. It looked for a while they would be wrong, but now maybe not.

I don't think it's that big of a deal. There are some really good candidates available, and if the Bears defenders can't stay healthy, I could be the DC with the same results.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 08:36 AM)
If Arians is that close, would be great to bring him in, in Chidress role for the defense next year. Would love to see Chidress and Arians both have some sort of supporting role.

Bruce Arians is an offensive coach. He's a QB guy

Arizona's d is very talented, but yeah he's a guy that if you lose fangio and replace him with that you take a win. Big benefit to fangio is head coaching has passed him by, with this guy you are prone to losing him if he does well.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 08:36 AM)
If Arians is that close, would be great to bring him in, in Chidress role for the defense next year. Would love to see Chidress and Arians both have some sort of supporting role.

I am so confused.

The Bearreport guy that has been close to this still thinks Fangio comes back to Bears. But Bears might be closer to giving an ultimatum. Also mentioned he didn't buy into the Fangio Shurmur stuff being a slam dunk. I think he said that basically Tuesday was the 1st time Nagy and Fangio talked so it isn't like Fangio's stall has been as bad as maybe us inpatient fans want to think it is. That said, he might also just stall a bit longer to kind of put the pressure on the Bears (never know).

Chuck Pagano could be another very intriguing candidate. Extremely experienced, quality character, etc. While I still prefer continuity of Fangio I think we have a couple really strong options out there (as long as this doesn't drag on too long).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 01:35 PM)
3yr deal per Schefter. Staff coming together nicely...hopefully we see most of Fangio's coaches staying as well. As DA said, lets keep developing the existing talent but now to FIND MORE TALENT!!!

1 or 2 pass rushers, please.

I know one thing, Pace cannot continue on the same "hit" percentage with his draft picks and FA. He HAS to be better if this is going to come together. If he hits on a a pick and a half and grabs one above average FA its just not going to cut it, no matter what the coaching staff.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 03:07 PM)
Maybe I'm crazy but I feel like his hit percentage his last 2 drafts are exactly what he needs again.

Maybe Trubisky will be a big hit, but Floyd, the jury is still out, and White, right now a bust. It isn't over for those two, and maybe all 3 will be Pro Bowlers eventually, but he does need his top draft pick to stay healthy and help the team win in year one.

Looks like he did find some gems in later rounds. His free agent signings have to be more like Hicks.

Edited by Dick Allen