2017-2018 NFL Thread

Well, White was 3 years ago. And you are right about health. The assumption could be that we are drafting players with medical flags that other teams are rooting out, could be our training staff.

To me drafts have been pretty good the guy just needs more picks.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 03:16 PM)
Maybe Trubisky will be a big hit, but Floyd, the jury is still out, and White, right now a bust. It isn't over for those two, and maybe all 3 will be Pro Bowlers eventually, but he does need his top draft pick to stay healthy and help the team win in year one.

Looks like he did find some gems in later rounds. His free agent signings have to be more like Hicks.

Trubisky will be fine, but Floyd is a stud. Pace's drafting would be fine if the team was already well established, but Trestman/Emery destroyed the roster.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 03:16 PM)
Maybe Trubisky will be a big hit, but Floyd, the jury is still out, and White, right now a bust. It isn't over for those two, and maybe all 3 will be Pro Bowlers eventually, but he does need his top draft pick to stay healthy and help the team win in year one.

Looks like he did find some gems in later rounds. His free agent signings have to be more like Hicks.

The OJ jury might still be out on Floyd, but he's legit, no doubting that.

Foles getting some revenge for playoff lost four years ago when leading at same point in 4th.

Philly has definitely had some tough luck in the postseason...maybe not quite as cursed as the Chiefs, but I’m sure 95% of their fans thought the Falcons would score there to break hearts again.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 13, 2018 -> 06:48 PM)
Foles getting some revenge for playoff lost four years ago when leading at same point in 4th.

Philly has definitely had some tough luck in the postseason...maybe not quite as cursed as the Chiefs, but I’m sure 95% of their fans thought the Falcons would score there to break hearts again.

I don't think Atlanta wants to hear about tough luck in the postseason.

The Titans were never going to win but the conservative decision making by their coach was infuriating. Stop punting!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 14, 2018 -> 08:01 AM)
I don't think Atlanta wants to hear about tough luck in the postseason.

The Titans were never going to win but the conservative decision making by their coach was infuriating. Stop punting!

That punt on 4th and 2 near midfield is when they lost any chance to win that game.

Every NFL team needs to hire an in game strategist to handle last minute decisions, because NFL head coaches obviously can't handle them. The Steelers needed to kick a field goal to have time after an onside kick, it was so obvious, especially after the intentional grounding.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 14, 2018 -> 03:20 PM)
I don't trust him against a Belichick led Pats team at all despite the Jags D. Brady might be walking to another Super Bowl.

No doubt. They Patriots will unfortunately roll over them.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 14, 2018 -> 01:34 PM)
Every NFL team needs to hire an in game strategist to handle last minute decisions, because NFL head coaches obviously can't handle them. The Steelers needed to kick a field goal to have time after an onside kick, it was so obvious, especially after the intentional grounding.

I agree with you, and they obviously needed to kickoff instead of attempting the onside kick with 2:13 left. These coaches say stuff like “we hadn’t shown we could stop them,” dismissing the fact that 9 out of 10 teams just run the ball into the stacked 9-10 man box there anyway.

At the point of the intentional grounding, I think the offense was so exhausted they knew the offense was so exhausted that it might not be wise to get down that close and not kick, even if it meant pretty much losing anyway. They all looked defeated at that point.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 14, 2018 -> 05:55 PM)
I agree with you, and they obviously needed to kickoff instead of attempting the onside kick with 2:13 left. These coaches say stuff like “we hadn’t shown we could stop them,” dismissing the fact that 9 out of 10 teams just run the ball into the stacked 9-10 man box there anyway.

At the point of the intentional grounding, I think the offense was so exhausted they knew the offense was so exhausted that it might not be wise to get down that close and not kick, even if it meant pretty much losing anyway. They all looked defeated at that point.

I actually go back and forth on the onside kick. The execution was so bad, that the decision looks different. If it's a normal onside kick, the ball is around the 45 and the Jaguars punt instead of a field goal, especially in that stadium. The small chance of recovering the onside kick might be worth the 30 yards in field position.

To your second point, if they were that defeated, it makes even more sense to kick the field goal. Make it a 7 point game, give them a breather, and if you do recover it, then you can bomb a couple of Hail Marys.