2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 06:43 AM)
Trubisky is starting the second half of Sunday's game with the starters, this is getting good now. Can't wait for Sunday afternoon.

This tells me they must be blown away by him in practices.

It's 2017. Quality rookie QB's don't ride the pine for multiple years anymore. Let's go, Mitchell!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 09:01 AM)
Good luck with your next team dude.

I pretty much figured that he'd be put on the practice squad once he's healthy.

He's never playing for the Bears again unless there's another injury after he heals up.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 08:14 AM)

He's never playing for the Bears again unless there's another injury after he heals up.

He wouldnt be put on the practice squad, he would probably take his release and go.

TBH, i dont think we have seen the last of him. Fox likes him a lot, and he adds value on Special Teams. Langford, not so much.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 06:14 AM)

He is better then Langford and a good special teams player. You guys have it all wrong on Carey, he is going to be on the team, unless a bunch of other guys replace him. Bears are going to carry 4 backs and Langford is going to get a shot for the time being. He'll literally miss 3 weeks of the season.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 04:43 AM)
Trubisky is starting the second half of Sunday's game with the starters, this is getting good now. Can't wait for Sunday afternoon.

Yep...he also got 1st string reps in practice. That said, I think the Bears want to give him this as part of the next phase of his development. He's still only taken 2 regular snaps from behind huddle which were pure drop back passes. You can't get away with that over the course of a full season. The good thing is, he is pushing the Bears to respond faster, and the Bears are responding by giving him more. I don't expect him to start the season as the QB, but he's certainly speeding up the process. For all the meatheads who claim Fox doesn't want to play the young QB, just look at his past track record...he hasn't been the type of guy afraid to go to the young guy. For pete sake, he turned to Tim Tebow mid-season and took his team to the playoffs. Everytime I see Mitch's quotes, the guy just seems to get it. Love the accuracy...but reading NFL defenses takes time and being smart enough to be one of the best takes time and hard work. Lots of guys have the physical tools...few the mental tools needed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 07:05 AM)
He wouldnt be put on the practice squad, he would probably take his release and go.

TBH, i dont think we have seen the last of him. Fox likes him a lot, and he adds value on Special Teams. Langford, not so much.

Yes. He is a solid runner who is a strong special teams player.

We may have the most expensive back up ever. Next to Romo.

But really who cares? What free agent did the Bears miss out on this year that you really think is going to hurt long-term? Some decent players available but overall a kinda weak class. Wiser to hold the cap space for extensions or in waiting for a real cant-miss player at a position of serious need. When you really think about it a $15m spin at the QB roulette wheel isn't so bad.

Besides, the organizational obsession with finding a QB this offseason cannot be appreciated á la carte. It is the totality of the decisions made that make the difference, if the Bears were less motivated to fix the QB position its possible they also aren't willing to move up with San Francisco. That would probably have meant the Browns trading up to grab Trubisky.

btw- Where are all the 'HE GAVE UP TOO MUCH/WORST TRADE EVER' people at? Still worried about losing out on a few miserable Deon Bush's to get this guy? Its still early, Trubisky could still be really bad.

Honestly this is a nice problem to have. They signed Glennon, but then didn't let that contract block them from drafting a guy they think could be a franchise changing player. Most organizations would have let that FA signing stop them from doing it because they might look bad or something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
Honestly this is a nice problem to have. They signed Glennon, but then didn't let that contract block them from drafting a guy they think could be a franchise changing player. Most organizations would have let that FA signing stop them from doing it because they might look bad or something.

They deserve credit for structuring the contract how they did. If they needed to keep Glennon for years 2-3 they could, but it's very easy to walk away financially. They had to pay someone and needed a QB.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 04:06 PM)
I haven't been watching but do you care to elaborate?

"Déjà vu," said the veteran quarterback, who previously lost his starting job in Tampa when the Bucs made Jameis Winston the first-overall pick in the draft back in 2015.

Shut up and earn the job.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Aug 24, 2017 -> 09:27 PM)
"Déjà vu," said the veteran quarterback, who previously lost his starting job in Tampa when the Bucs made Jameis Winston the first-overall pick in the draft back in 2015.

Shut up and earn the job.

Yeah, that's the rhetoric of a loser. Step up your game, competition is good.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 10:08 AM)
Get that long-necked turd out of town.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)
Yeah, that's the rhetoric of a loser. Step up your game, competition is good.

He has sounded and looked so mentally weak I don't know what Pace and Fox liked when they talked to the guy before signing him.