2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 09:33 AM)
McVay went on Rich Eisens show and talked about how he spent time in the interview process breaking down film with Goff and showing how he could help. That was essentially the reason he was hired.

https://247sports.com/nfl/los-angeles-rams/...w-with-74900039

That is different then him being all in on Goff (which I thought you were implying). I agree that they tried to work with him. The Rams were sold on McVay because of just how electric he was. Supposedly he blew everyone away and his film sessions, etc, were just super impressive with what he said he brought. It wans't that they were convinced 100% he could turn Goff into a star...it was that they thought he was going to be the guy who could ultimately turn the right QB into a star (turns out Goff was that guy).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 11:45 AM)
That is different then him being all in on Goff (which I thought you were implying). I agree that they tried to work with him. The Rams were sold on McVay because of just how electric he was. Supposedly he blew everyone away and his film sessions, etc, were just super impressive with what he said he brought. It wans't that they were convinced 100% he could turn Goff into a star...it was that they thought he was going to be the guy who could ultimately turn the right QB into a star (turns out Goff was that guy).

I don't think we are disagreeing, but Nagy being familiar with Trubisky will allow him to show off exactly what he would do to take him to next level. Others can do that by looking at film too, but everyone is busy with playoffs, so it's a huge help for him.

For good or bad, "how will you handle trubisky" will be the biggest question each of these guys need to answer.

i just cant help but think about McDaniels going to denver, getting the job, and immediately deciding to launch what was then a third year pro bowl QB after he got the job. Could you imagine if that happened in Chicago?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 12:56 PM)
i just cant help but think about McDaniels going to denver, getting the job, and immediately deciding to launch what was then a third year pro bowl QB after he got the job. Could you imagine if that happened in Chicago?

Chicago having a pro bowl QB in their 3rd year? No, totally unbelievable.

(Quietly goes back to being angry at RH for rumors)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 11:56 AM)

He did draft Tebow though. So it wasn't a complete disaster.

He only had to trade the Broncos 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks to get him. That is nothing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 09:49 AM)
I don't think we are disagreeing, but Nagy being familiar with Trubisky will allow him to show off exactly what he would do to take him to next level. Others can do that by looking at film too, but everyone is busy with playoffs, so it's a huge help for him.

For good or bad, "how will you handle trubisky" will be the biggest question each of these guys need to answer.

Agree with everything you say.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 10:54 AM)
Saw this on twitter when walking and lost it now.

I hate Kaplan, but he tweeted out that the Chiefs were in love with Trubisky pre-draft, especially Nagy. And Nagy has kept in touch with Trubs.

That could end up being big.

Not just him. Andy Reid and the org loved him coming out. I have Nagy in my top 3, so this pleases me.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 09:15 AM)
so everything is not hunky-dory in New England anymore

Has to end at some point right?

If the Patriots kicked out Bill Belichick, something tells me he would try and get a job with a rival team. He seems the vengeful type.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 09:19 AM)
25 years ago today, a certain coach of a certain team from a certain city that begins with a C, ends in an O and has hicag in the middle, was canned by the beloved.

and 25 years later, fans of that certain team are still calling the score suggesting that he become coach again.

with zero trace of irony

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 11:51 AM)
and 25 years later, fans of that certain team are still calling the score suggesting that he become coach again.

with zero trace of irony

Yesterday I heard one person calling to make ditka team president.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 01:33 PM)
Gruden getting 10 years somewhere around 100m

Gets traded for a couple of first round picks. And a second rounder

Wins Super Bowl

Gets fired

Gets a great job on MNF. Makes tons of money

Leverages every job opening in the country to get even more money

Builds brand and does commercials. More money

Gets $100M contract

Guy is a genius lol

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 5, 2018 -> 01:04 PM)
Gets traded for a couple of first round picks. And a second rounder

Wins Super Bowl

Gets fired

Gets a great job on MNF. Makes tons of money

Leverages every job opening in the country to get even more money

Builds brand and does commercials. More money

Gets $100M contract

Guy is a genius lol

I was thinking exactly this. The dude made himself a whole lot of money by being patient and building his brand instead of just jumping right back into coaching again.