2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buffalo owns the 21st and 22nd picks in this years draft and they desperately need a QB. Bears are kinda in a limbo considering Rosen, Darnold and maybe Allen are gone by the time the Bears pick.(Mayfield and Jackson left plus whoever shoots up the draft boards in the combine, QB or another position prospect) We need all the talent we can get, but if they're able to swing a deal with Buffalo for both 1st round picks + other picks... I say pull the trigger.

Being a casual football fan, and a Cowboys fan...does trading Dez Bryant for a collection of draft picks make any sense? And does he have much value due to his big dollars contract?

Guys at work were discussing how the Browns have 4 top 35 picks in 2018, and how they could really jump start their rebuild by trading a couple of them for a high end WR to pair with their "presumable" 1st RD pick QB.

Does trading Dez Bryant for a couple of their 2nd RD picks make any sense for either team? I like Dez, but I just feel like him and Dak are never in sync. The offense will go through Elliot. Why not trade Dez for some draft picks to either bolster the OL, or get some defensive studs.

Are 2 2nd RD picks too much? A 2nd and a 3rd? Honestly not sure how to value Dez due to his contract, but the Browns having SO many picks seems to be a viable trading partner.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 01:55 AM)
Being a casual football fan, and a Cowboys fan...does trading Dez Bryant for a collection of draft picks make any sense? And does he have much value due to his big dollars contract?

Guys at work were discussing how the Browns have 4 top 35 picks in 2018, and how they could really jump start their rebuild by trading a couple of them for a high end WR to pair with their "presumable" 1st RD pick QB.

Does trading Dez Bryant for a couple of their 2nd RD picks make any sense for either team? I like Dez, but I just feel like him and Dak are never in sync. The offense will go through Elliot. Why not trade Dez for some draft picks to either bolster the OL, or get some defensive studs.

Are 2 2nd RD picks too much? A 2nd and a 3rd? Honestly not sure how to value Dez due to his contract, but the Browns having SO many picks seems to be a viable trading partner.

Bryant only has one year left on his deal and it's for 12.5 million. Not a crazy contract number, but the problem is that he really isn't that good anymore. You are not getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick from a team. Not for an aging player that hasn't had a thousand yard season in three years. Dallas has cap issues and if they want to bring Demarcus Lawrence back they may have to cut Bryant. So maybe you could talk a team into giving you a 6th round pick or something like that. Dallas also has to sign Zac Martin to a long term deal this year and he is going to be the highest paid guard in the NFL.

Browns have plenty of draft picks and cap space. They could just draft a young WR and then sign someone like Allen Robinson.

Edited by GoSox05

Oh and I forgot to mention this yesterday but Cam Newton had no business being back in that game at the end without passing concussion protocol. Dude couldn't even walk straight while heading off the field, fell down, and they attributed it to his mask.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:06 AM)
Oh and I forgot to mention this yesterday but Cam Newton had no business being back in that game at the end without passing concussion protocol. Dude couldn't even walk straight while heading off the field, fell down, and they attributed it to his mask.

Probably in the protocol he should have had to have gone to the locker room, but as someone who has been grazed right above the eye in a basketball league, I had the exact same response. I actually was cut and needed some stitches, but initially I kind of walked away from it thinking I was injured but OK, then staggered, and knelt down. Then I was fine in a few seconds except for the bleeding in my case. Being concussed didn't even come to mind.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:06 AM)

That hit it took was pretty brutal. It kinda of came from nowhere, so I don't think he had time to brace for it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:21 AM)
So there have been some rumblings that there is a myster candidate with the Bears. If there is, we may never know, but I'm going to guess it is Chris Peterson or Shaw.

If it's Shaw my guess is that it is partially tied with him coaching with Fangio before. Would just be an awful hire if true.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:15 AM)
Probably in the protocol he should have had to have gone to the locker room, but as someone who has been grazed right above the eye in a basketball league, I had the exact same response. I actually was cut and needed some stitches, but initially I kind of walked away from it thinking I was injured but OK, then staggered, and knelt down. Then I was fine in a few seconds except for the bleeding in my case. Being concussed didn't even come to mind.

I'd buy it if he didn't have a visor on (and squint with both eyes, not just the left) And it wasn't like it broke or snapped off either. Unless the dlineman put his hand underneath the facemask, I just don't see it. Could be wrong, but I'd bet Greg's house.

also great get by Adam Jahns on this. Really enjoy the Hoge and Jahns podcast. Bears media is full of the worst takes and they are so good at straddling the line between in depth smart analysis and emotional responses.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 11:46 AM)
I'd buy it if he didn't have a visor on (and squint with both eyes, not just the left) And it wasn't like it broke or snapped off either. Unless the dlineman put his hand underneath the facemask, I just don't see it. Could be wrong, but I'd bet Greg's house.

At the very least he should have been in the tent for tests. He had all the symptoms - hard hit, head contact on the ground, clearly struggling to get off the field/walk straight.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 11:01 AM)
Are they planning to keep Fangio still?

I am making the assumption that blocking his interview yesterday, hiring the HC today while they still have Vic on for 1 more day means we are going to take a run at keeping him. Hope it works out.