2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 10:50 AM)
Adam Jahns seems pretty sure Fangio is coming back. He was supposedly the second highest paid coordinator in the game last year, and with an offensive young coach, that probably made the Bears want to retain him even more.

It does contradict what many of the beat writers were writing earlier, that if he wasn't the head coach Fangio was out of there, and that the reason the Bears didn't want to fire Fox during the season was they didn't want Fangio to take over and do well because there were some in the upper levels Vic rubbed the wrong way.

He is 59 years old. Chances are, his odds of ever landing a HC position in the NFL are very long.

The last month or so he seemed to acknowledge that his chance as a HC was pretty much gone, while saying that he would still like to do it. Maybe part of the contract is to allow him to interview for any potential HC vacancy

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 12:43 PM)
A lot of people reporting the Bears are close to hiring a homerun name for position coach that Bears fans will be excited to hear. Who do you guys guess this might be?

Aaron Leming saying that it's an offensive line coach

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 12:46 PM)
Aaron Leming saying that it's an offensive line coach

Gabriel is going on about how he LOVES the guy as a coach. He talks a lot about how much he loves Toub in the past so I am not sure on this. Very interesting.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 12:48 PM)
Gabriel is going on about how he LOVES the guy as a coach. He talks a lot about how much he loves Toub in the past so I am not sure on this. Very interesting.

Okay so Gabriel is saying it is not Toub. LOL

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 12:51 PM)
Maybe Harry Hiestand?

John Mullin‏

@moonmullinNBCS

Following Following @moonmullinNBCS

More

hearing whispers that Harry Hiestand from ND likely next #Bears OL coach - ran West Coast scheme for Ron Turner under Lovie Smith - good fit for Matt Nagy zone blocking

10:53 AM - 10 Jan 2018

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 01:15 PM)
Wow. Don’t remember him having that kind of reputation when he was here. But uh, welcome back. Maybe we draft that ridiculously good ND guard

I'm not sure about taking guards that early in the draft, but I think Quenton Nelson might be worth it. He is really good.

There is also a video of him choke slamming a blitzing LSU linebacker, it's pretty crazy. I'd imagine it's what you would want from an O-lineman.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 01:32 PM)
I'm not sure about taking guards that early in the draft, but I think Quenton Nelson might be worth it. He is really good.

There is also a video of him choke slamming a blitzing LSU linebacker, it's pretty crazy. I'd imagine it's what you would want from an O-lineman.

I'm with ya. Feel same about guards, safeties and now receivers.

But if the guy looks elite then I'm good with it. And he looks that way to me. But anyway, whatever works.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 02:02 PM)
I'm with ya. Feel same about guards, safeties and now receivers.

But if the guy looks elite then I'm good with it. And he looks that way to me. But anyway, whatever works.

Yes. The Steelers did well with DeCastro in the firzt round.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 03:52 AM)
Not following your last sentence on Bevell. What does that signify?

Him or Pettine were supposedly our backup plan. So when they moved elsewhere as fast as they did, I presumed it was just another indicator that Fangio to Bears was happening.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 01:32 PM)

That video got a lot of publicity, but it was actually a 235 pound freshman linebacker. Still, Nelson is really f***ing good. If Fitzpatrick, Barkley and Chubb are gone, I want Ridley, Nelson or Roquan Smith.

FWIW, Pace typically drafts highly athletic guys in round one and banks on their athleticism paying off on the field and turning into talent. Not sure any of those guys fit that "freak of nature" mentality. Someone who might is Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds. That dude is a specimen. He does s*** at his size that most human beings cannot.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 02:53 PM)
Him or Pettine were supposedly our backup plan. So when they moved elsewhere as fast as they did, I presumed it was just another indicator that Fangio to Bears was happening.

Ah, think you are thinking of Kris Richard, their DC. Bevell is their OC.

Rumor out there that former Oregon head coach, Mark Helfrich, will be our offensive coordinator. Also indicating Fangio deal is officially done. Both of these reports are from the 1st guy that broke the Harry H news. Additionally, Bears wide receiver coach has left to join Broncos coaching staff.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 03:28 PM)
Rumor out there that former Oregon head coach, Mark Helfrich, will be our offensive coordinator. Also indicating Fangio deal is officially done. Both of these reports are from the 1st guy that broke the Harry H news. Additionally, Bears wide receiver coach has left to join Broncos coaching staff.

Where are you seeing this? I searched twitter and can’t find anything that says Helfrich is being considered for the Bears