2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way this is trending after the Bears were sooooooo interested in going out of their way to make sure everyone knew Glennon was the guy since Trubisky was drafted it sure as hell seems like Trubisky starts week one.

Yea their minds appear to be changing. If Trubisky outplays Glennon again on Sunday they'll start Mitch week one. No use wasting time, get him out there.

I wonder if they'll just cut Glennon to escape the controversy and tension (not to mention media surliness), Trubisky seems to be really assuming an alpha role in the locker room. Just accept the money as a sunk cost and move on. Wouldn't be shocked.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)
Yea their minds appear to be changing. If Trubisky outplays Glennon again on Sunday they'll start Mitch week one. No use wasting time, get him out there.

I wonder if they'll just cut Glennon to escape the controversy and tension (not to mention media surliness), Trubisky seems to be really assuming an alpha role in the locker room. Just accept the money as a sunk cost and move on. Wouldn't be shocked.

What did the seahawks do with Matt Flynn when Wilson outplayed him?

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)

You are insane if you think there's any chance they just eat that money. Would be one the dumbest moves in sports history.

You are insane if you think there's any chance they just eat that money. Would be one the dumbest moves in sports history.

It's a one year deal, and the guy seems to be a bit on the whiny side. Ideally they'll do him like the Seahawks did Flynn and they just retain Glennon as a backup option. But if Connor Shaw lights it up in the fourth preseason game and they like Sanchez as a backup/mentor, all the while Glennon continued to be terrible in the games and practice while developing a negative attitude, would rather the Bears eat the money.

And no way it would be one of the dumbest moves in sports history. Absolutely preposterous.

Edited by Alexeihyeess

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
It's a one year deal, and the guy seems to be a bit on the whiny side. Ideally they'll do him like the Seahawks did Flynn and they just retain Glennon as a backup option. But if Connor Shaw lights it up in the fourth preseason game and they like Sanchez as a backup/mentor, all the while Glennon continued to be terrible in the games and practice while developing a negative attitude, would rather the Bears eat the money.

And no way it would be one of the dumbest moves in sports history. Absolutely preposterous.

Nope, the only thing preposterous is thinking the Bears would eat millions and take a $14M cap hit because of "controversy and tension" (or in other words competition). I can't even begin to describe just how stupid that would be. You even contradict yourself above by saying ideally they'd keep him as a backup. Short of Glennon committing some sort of felony (and a bad one at that), it's all but a certainty he'll be a Bear this season.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 05:04 PM)
No way MT starts week 1 vs. Atlanta with that defense and a week to prepare. Glendon does outplay him in practice according to reporters, so while it looks like his future is bright, throwing him to the dogs right away probably isn't a good idea.

This x 1000. Glennon is all about buying time and protecting Trubisky from getting thrown to the wolves too quickly. The good thing is Trubiskyk is forcing the Bears hand much quicker then expected and the team seems to generally be rallying around Trubisky. That said, I hope Glennon plays well too.

Nope, the only thing preposterous is thinking the Bears would eat millions and take a $14M cap hit because of "controversy and tension" (or in other words competition). I can't even begin to describe just how stupid that would be. You even contradict yourself above by saying ideally they'd keep him as a backup. Short of Glennon committing some sort of felony (and a bad one at that), it's all but a certainty he'll be a Bear this season.

But they've already taken the cap hit. What is the point of keeping him around if all he'll do is sulk and complain? Especially if it gets so bad that Glennon is no longer even the second string QB. If coaches feel that Shaw is better than Glennon they'd better dump Glennon and keep Shaw, I'd hate to see the Bears keep a worse player because they feel obligated to keep him on the roster to avoid looking bad.

There is really not a whole lot left to like about Glennon. It was all projection anyways.

Jaye Howard getting thrown out for attempting to/actually punching another player with a helmet on is very stupid, but now I kind of wish Meredith would have thrown a punch after his nice catch on the first drive.

FWIW, there needs to be an end to 4 preseason games. Furthermore, Fox still having Howard, Sitton, Floyd, etc in the game is idiotic.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 27, 2017 -> 02:14 PM)
Hope the bears give him Meredith's roster spot.hes looked really good all camp.

I've said he should make the team over Bellamy this entire time. He wouldn't make it thru waivers to the PSafter he's cut...and somebody like the Pats would pick him up (especially with Edelman going down). At some point...you have to keep the young WRs like Gentry. Dude's a player.

That said...the Giraffe looked good today. Trubisky looked good too...and Bears future is in very good hands with him. He does things you don't see vets do.

Really sucks hard for Meredith...just breaks my heart. It was an ugly injury too....