2017-2018 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 23, 2018 -> 04:07 PM)
I've heard nothing good about it if your team ain't in it, and for me, that's the reality every year :)

This is 100 percent false. I went in 2002 and it was one of the best experiences in my life

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 29, 2018 -> 12:21 PM)
I just want to say I'm glad Brady made a point to that radio host about his daughter. Ridiculous.

Hardly see that side of Brady off the field. Although he can't blame all the hosts for 1 guys words, I can't say I disagree with him for breaking off the relationship with the station. What that guy said is unforgivable to a father.

Alex Smith to the Redskins for a 3rd round pick and slot CB Kendall Fuller. Redskins then sign the 34 year old QB to a 4 year, $94 million deal, $71 mil guaranteed. Kirk Cousins to hit free agency. Patrick Mahomes to take the reigns in KC.Oh boy, there's a lot to process there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 06:22 AM)
Alex Smith to the Redskins for a 3rd round pick and slot CB Kendall Fuller. Redskins then sign the 34 year old QB to a 4 year, $94 million deal, $71 mil guaranteed. Kirk Cousins to hit free agency. Patrick Mahomes to take the reigns in KC.Oh boy, there's a lot to process there.

If the Bears did this I'd have to question my fandom, what a hilariously bad move by Washington.

It boggles my mind how bad of a move this is.

Let a legitimate QB walk away, and instead replace him with an older QB, use draft capital and a solid young CB to do it, and then give that old QB $71M guaranteed over 4 years. How much more would Kirk have cost if they just locked him up last year when they should have? Yeah, if I were a Redskins fan, I'd be pissed.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 06:34 AM)
If the Bears did this I'd have to question my fandom, what a hilariously bad move by Washington.

And just think, Snyder nixed a 5/40M deal for Cousins when he became the starter

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 07:17 AM)
It boggles my mind how bad of a move this is.

Let a legitimate QB walk away, and instead replace him with an older QB, use draft capital and a solid young CB to do it, and then give that old QB $71M guaranteed over 4 years. How much more would Kirk have cost if they just locked him up last year when they should have? Yeah, if I were a Redskins fan, I'd be pissed.

Yeah. I'm the first person to admit, I give the people in the industry the benefit of the doubt because they are on the inside and know more than me. I probably give them too much credit in most cases. However, it's really tough to figure out this one, unless cousins and the team had so much acrimony that there just was no solution. I would assume washington is drafting a QB early in the next draft or two. Smith is a good, professional stopgap but he can't play much longer at a high level.

Did anything happen after Fuller said he wasn't getting traded?

edit: here's my answer

Kendall Fuller‏Verified account

@KeFu11er

Follow Follow @KeFu11er

More

Me on Twitter after tweeting all that then finding out i got traded!

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 07:58 AM)
Yeah. I'm the first person to admit, I give the people in the industry the benefit of the doubt because they are on the inside and know more than me. I probably give them too much credit in most cases. However, it's really tough to figure out this one, unless cousins and the team had so much acrimony that there just was no solution. I would assume washington is drafting a QB early in the next draft or two. Smith is a good, professional stopgap but he can't play much longer at a high level.

unfortunately you can never give Snyder the benefit of the doubt

I just want to say that even though I think this isn't a good trade for the Washington football team that I think Smith is a qb that can play at roughly the same level to age 40.

He has been a pretty healthy qb who is mobile but doesn't rely on mobility. His game isn't predicated on deep ball (at all).

Yeah, I think Smith will be fine for them. Not sure it's really a up or down move from Cousins. They are about the same level.

I just can't believe how much they gave up and the money spent on Smith. Fuller is a really good CB. Great deal for the Chiefs if Mahomes pans out.

Also, I really hope Cousins goes to the AFC and not the Vikings. I don't think he is a great QB, but on that Vikings team, they would be tough to beat.

If Smith got that much money. Aaron Rodgers will now make all the money in the world in a couple of months.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 07:42 AM)
I just want to say that even though I think this isn't a good trade for the Washington football team that I think Smith is a qb that can play at roughly the same level to age 40.

He has been a pretty healthy qb who is mobile but doesn't rely on mobility. His game isn't predicated on deep ball (at all).

I don't see why Alex Smith going to Redskins is that bad. I presume they didn't want to franchise Cousins again and knew they were going in another direction. Alex Smith is a good QB and I would expect his game to age well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 10:36 AM)
I don't see why Alex Smith going to Redskins is that bad. I presume they didn't want to franchise Cousins again and knew they were going in another direction. Alex Smith is a good QB and I would expect his game to age well.

It's not that Alex Smith is bad. It's giving up a solid cornerback and a draft pick to get him, then giving him $23 million a year for 3 years guaranteed. You could have Cousins for much less earlier and I don't think there is a huge upgrade between the two.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 08:46 AM)
It's not that Alex Smith is bad. It's giving up a solid cornerback and a draft pick to get him, then giving him $23 million a year for 3 years guaranteed. You could have Cousins for much less earlier and I don't think there is a huge upgrade between the two.

I agree with you that Washington completely messed up the Cousins situation so much so that I really don't think Cousins returning to Washington was an option. Given where they were picking, I think they made a solid move trading for Smith. Sam Bradford was traded for a 1st rounder (by Minnesota...not even referring to Eagles / Rams deals)...they gave up a 3rd rounder and a slot corner for Smith.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 11:46 AM)

Yes, exactly this.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 11:11 AM)
I agree with you that Washington completely messed up the Cousins situation so much so that I really don't think Cousins returning to Washington was an option. Given where they were picking, I think they made a solid move trading for Smith. Sam Bradford was traded for a 1st rounder (by Minnesota...not even referring to Eagles / Rams deals)...they gave up a 3rd rounder and a slot corner for Smith.

Minnesota also has a very strong Super Bowl contender roster outside of QB. The Redskins do not and they made their defense worse and gave up a mid round draft pick.

Shots fired!

Daniel Greenberg‏

@ChiSportUpdates

Follow Follow @ChiSportUpdates

More

"Last year everyone knew what we were going to do. They knew what was coming every play. It was easy for them to stop us."

- Bears RB Jordan Howard talking about the 2017 offense on @gmfb