Fantasy Football

I am starting a league on ESPN, mostly standard settings. We are also going to use keepers in the league going forward. Right now it's 3 keepers and the draft is set for September 3rd (can change if necessary).

Right now we are looking for some active owners who would like to join. We are hoping for 9-10 more, if anyone is interested send me a message or post.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had our auction draft last night. Always gets pushed earlier trying to wrangle schedules.

Overall - Last year was such a weird year for fantasy that everyone seemed unsure what to do. The stalwarts (Leveon Bell, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones) went for insanely high prices relative to other years as people just dont' feel comfortable predicting those "mid-level" guys anymore.

QUOTE (Moncada @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 09:50 AM)
I am starting a league on ESPN, mostly standard settings. We are also going to use keepers in the league going forward. Right now it's 3 keepers and the draft is set for September 3rd (can change if necessary).

Right now we are looking for some active owners who would like to join. We are hoping for 9-10 more, if anyone is interested send me a message or post.

i am interested in joining.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 25, 2017 -> 06:22 PM)
Need keeper advice. I'm in a 12 team, 0.5 PPR league where you have to keep one player and they cost you your first round. Unfortunately for me, my best two options are Gurley & Hilton. Who would you guys keep?

I personally value running backs higher and especially higher tier running backs, so I would keep Gurley. For me Hilton is not ok the leavel of a top tier WR like Brown, Jones, or Evans, but Gurley is on the level of most all the top RB

I would also look at who others are keeping and see who might be available when your pick is up. If there are more WR the definitely keep Gurley.

I only do one team, a Yahoo 10-team Public league, quite shallow rosters, but I don't follow football much...

With that being said, I am f***ing loving my team this year, so I had to post to boast about it

QB Tom Brady (I think is the #1 QB this year with the options he has, plus he's fun as hell to watch which is important to me)

WR OBJ (Prima-donna, but fun as hell to watch and my pick for #2 WR this year)

WR Michael Thomas (I think a top 6 WR this year, could blossom)

WR Stefon Diggs / Allen Robinson (Very solid WR3)

RB: Bunch of random s***, sorry, don't know many of them, I have like 6-7 RB's, my main two are CJ Anderson and Mike Gillipsie (NE)

TE Rob Gronkowski (My #1 TE and if he can stay healthy will absolutely kill it for me with Brady)

B: Tons of RBs and Cam Newton sliped to me

The combo of Brady+OBJ+Thomas+Gronk is insane to me.

My strategy is simple in Yahoo redraft leagues.. Every year there is only 3-6 teams out of 10 that are active. The rosters are so shallow that this means by mid-season the free agent wire will be busting with good options... and the most usual suspect is the RB position due to the massive amount of turnover and the resulting prime candidates.

That's why I always decide to draft RB's last and instead focus on the top talent like QB/TE (Brady/Gronk) and WR's that produce amazing games (OBJ / Thomas).

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a few leauges but my main leauge had it's draft last friday. Its a 12 team, 2 QB leauge thats .5 PPR. Every draft is an auction with a $200 budget and we always do it live... except this year because a couple of guys just had babies and they weren't able to leave the house so we had our auction through ESPN, for the first time in seven years. Some of us met up, ordered some food and drafted in the same room.

Never have an online auction in the same room as the other guys from your leauge because every auction turned into an espensive game of chicken. Someone spent $75 on AP a few years ago and that was the highest price for a player that we've ever had. This year we had six players go for $70+ (AB, Brady, D. Johnson, Rodgers, Bell, and Jones). My strategy is throw out all the guys that I don't want so that other people can waste their budget on them but this year once the auction started I threw my strategy out the window and lost my grasp on the concept of money. I spent $190 players on 4 players (Hunt, Howard, AB and Pryor) and filled my reamining roster spots with $1 players.

I f***ed up.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
I'm in a 14 man PPR that is very competitive. It's a short bench league too. My running backs are Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi, Doug Martin and Jacquizz Rodgers. So the latter three just went on bye with the hurricane. The free agents are

Robert Turbin, Branden Oliver, Jerrick McKinnon, Kyle Juszyck, JR Richard & DeAndre Washington. Wtf do I do?

If a trade isnt an option, Juszyck and Washington should at least get a couple catches..

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 6, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
I'm in a 14 man PPR that is very competitive. It's a short bench league too. My running backs are Jordan Howard, Jay Ajayi, Doug Martin and Jacquizz Rodgers. So the latter three just went on bye with the hurricane. The free agents are

Robert Turbin, Branden Oliver, Jerrick McKinnon, Kyle Juszyck, JR Richard & DeAndre Washington. Wtf do I do?

You should look into trading Doug Martin, people are saying that Rodgers has a good chance to hold on to that job, plus he has a prior relationship with the coach there from their days in Atlanta.

In that group, I would take Oliver or McKinnon

So with Ajayi and Parker out, I need a starting WR and a flex out of.....Amendola, John Brown, Cooper Kupp, C.J

Prosise, or Kyle Jusyjck.

Or do I go grab Evan Engram or Fiedorowicz.

What says you?

I think Amendola is a given, but the others are all big time boom or bust guys.

Edited by scs787

I tried doing my best friend a solid by changing his keeper from the default QB spot (Matt Ryan) to his best player (Antonio Brown) while he was on his honeymoon. I knew he was going to miss the draft, so I figured I could at least assign him the right keeper so he wouldn't get screwed over in that regard (he turned his phone off for the week). Well, turns out he actually WANTED to keep Matt Ryan over Antonio Brown for some reason, and he wanted him back....

If you can see where this is going....

I traded Matt Ryan and Tyrell Williams to him for Antonio Brown.

He said he needed a WR back, since if he kept Ryan, the auto-pick would have drafted him another WR instead of Phillips Rivers, so since Rivers was drafted in the 12th RD, I traded him a WR of mine drafted in a round closest to 12, which was Tyrell Williams in the 9th RD.

So yea....pretty rough trade for him. A trade in which I even argued with him that Brown was a way better keeper selection than Matt Ryan. Hell, even Mike Evans was a way better keeper choice if he didn't have Brown. I've already gotten one angry text calling for collusion and conspiracy.

I'll add that in my defense, other than trying to convince him he was better off with Brown, was that I had offered Matt Ryan to about 5 other teams in trades. He was very much on my trading block, as I also have Marcus Mariotta.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)
You're right. GB at Atlanta.

I'm leaning Carr since the Jets might go winless and it's the Raiders' home opener.

I know that you want to be unbiased, but as a Raiders fan, you should know that Carr will probably pick the woeful Jets apart.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 03:40 PM)
Personally, I could never choose to bench rodgers.

Agreed and GB vs Atlanta has a much better chance to be a shootout, whereas if Oakland stomps NYJ they will run a lot in the 2nd half. A pick 6 and rushing TD or two and Carr could have just average numbers.