Fantasy Football

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 17, 2017 -> 06:49 PM)
So Todd Gurley single handedly sends me to the finals in one of my leagues, and Juju Smith-Schuster might of sent me packing in the other league.. (need Lynch to bomb to move on in that league)

That game was the death of me. My Wilson/Graham/Baldwin trio scored about 12 total points, while Gurley outscored my Kareem Hunt in the first half alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Won in both my leagues!! Amazing finish. One of the leagues I knew I'd do well (duh, Todd Gurley) but in my other league I lost David Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Greg Olsen (most of the year), Zeke Elliott was suspended at a crucial time, etc. and I still somehow pulled it out.

• 7 months later...

Not sure if we need a new thread, so I'll just start the 2018-19 fantasy talk here.

I've watched a little of the ESPN mock draft marathon. I don't know That I get much out of it, but a little draft prep never hurts. I don't do much more than look at the lists and figure out who I want and take best available.

I don't know that I'll ever get used to seeing guys like Schefter on tv looking at their phones constantly. There's really nothing that important happening that they can't afford to not be the first to report. Schefter is either looking down or pulling his phone out of his pocket and looking at it constantly. 

so for our keepers, you only lose the pick from the round you drafted them in +1 (so if you drafted them 2nd, it's a 1st you lose this year).

I picked up Jared Goff as a FA last year, so I would only lose my last pick.

I have 3 players I consider to be keepers:

Goff  - 22nd pick lost

Kareem Hunt - 2nd round pick lost

Jordan Howard - 12th round pick lost

Hunt is probably the best player there, but he gives up highest value. Any advice?

On 8/19/2018 at 6:09 PM, bmags said:

so for our keepers, you only lose the pick from the round you drafted them in +1 (so if you drafted them 2nd, it's a 1st you lose this year).

I picked up Jared Goff as a FA last year, so I would only lose my last pick.

I have 3 players I consider to be keepers:

Goff  - 22nd pick lost

Kareem Hunt - 2nd round pick lost

Jordan Howard - 12th round pick lost

Hunt is probably the best player there, but he gives up highest value. Any advice?

Keep Goff and Howard. Howard has had a similar year to Hunt in 2016 and a solid 2017, that’s great value for a 2nd round back. 

18 hours ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Keep Goff and Howard. Howard has had a similar year to Hunt in 2016 and a solid 2017, that’s great value for a 2nd round back. 

Thanks. I guess what I struggle with is all 3 seem like regression candidates.

I believe in Howard as a Bears fan, and he is best running out of shotgun and he's going to be put in that position more. But what if things are so spread out that his usage dips way down?

But you are right in that the lower picks being lost are guarded more against regression than with Hunt. 

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Thanks. I guess what I struggle with is all 3 seem like regression candidates.

I believe in Howard as a Bears fan, and he is best running out of shotgun and he's going to be put in that position more. But what if things are so spread out that his usage dips way down?

But you are right in that the lower picks being lost are guarded more against regression than with Hunt. 

I agree, I think Howard could have a better year than 2017 though to be honest just based off of offensive creativity. Also, Nagy left to come to Chicago...who knows how that offense will go with a new OC and Mahomes and Hunt

• 2 weeks later...

had my auction draft last night. So weird how everyone seems to converge on same philosophies each year. Every year is different, everyone operates largely the same.

I ended up (for first time) getting out in front of QBs and paying too much, but made up for it by slow playing saquon barkley and getting him about $20 cheaper than the other top RBs.

But my WR crop is meh. Tyreek hill and diggs could be good but have big question marks with how they will be favored with new QBs, but i could easily see these two qbs who look for big plays going to them more often for big plays.

Trade my first round pick (#1 overall) and 5th round pick for their #4 pick and 3rd rounder.  Ended up having picks 4, 20, 21 and 24 equaling David Johnson, Michael Thomas, Devonta Freeman and then Mike Evans.  Really happy with those being the first 4 picks along with Drew Brees dropping and Allen Robinson as our #3.  

Gurley went #1, he's a stud but a regression is likely to happen.