FS: White Sox acquire RHP Ryan Burr from ARZ

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 05:20 PM)
Here's our detailed write-up, with videos and scouting information, links to interviews, etc. Everything you need to know (except the amount of pool room exchanged, which was not reported).

As Matt mentions here, we never got any information on how much pool space was officially traded. They've traded some to Texas and Arizona. They have $4.75 million to spend. They signed 2 prospects for a total of $600K. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more similar deals. Yrizarri and Burr aren't "elite" level prospects but I'm glad the Sox are using the resources they have to acquire potential talent.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 05:47 PM)
As Matt mentions here, we never got any information on how much pool space was officially traded. They've traded some to Texas and Arizona. They have $4.75 million to spend. They signed 2 prospects for a total of $600K. I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more similar deals. Yrizarri and Burr aren't "elite" level prospects but I'm glad the Sox are using the resources they have to acquire potential talent.

Pretty good moves so far, these guys have the potential to be something useful down the line, though in all likelihood won't ever make it but are a lot closer than most of the guys they could have signed on J2 will ever make it.