WhItE SoX Winner

Panerista

Nice win. Lopez was electric early and then his stuff flattened out. Nevertheless he should be a lockdown reliever at least.

I love how hard our fringy prospects are playing. Engel looks like a cromulent 4th OF. One of Smith/Omar would be a good backup C.

Delmonico has impressed me and should be at least a bench bat.

I still think that Leury will be a regular or super utility guy for years to come. He can play and got a bad rap for his awful first stint with the Sox,but has produced in the minors and now in the big leagues. That Alex Rios trade is looking pretty good ;)

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 10:22 PM)
I really hate the Royals so I'd be fine with another sweep. We can start losing again afterwards.

When it comes to the Royals, I don't care about draft position or progress from young players. Just sweep their asses. Especially those two corner infielders they have.

QUOTE (GermanSoxFan @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 10:26 PM)
Nice win. Lopez was electric early and then his stuff flattened out. Nevertheless he should be a lockdown reliever at least.

I love how hard our fringy prospects are playing. Engel looks like a cromulent 4th OF. One of Smith/Omar would be a good backup C.

Delmonico has impressed me and should be at least a bench bat.

I still think that Leury will be a regular or super utility guy for years to come. He can play and got a bad rap for his awful first stint with the Sox,but has produced in the minors and now in the big leagues. That Alex Rios trade is looking pretty good ;)

Perfectly cromulent.

Engel and his new batting stance belts 2 triples, makes a diving catch in CF and scores on a bunt from 3rd with a terrific slide.

Delmonico with an excuse me swing gets an infield hit and gets on base in the 10th straight game to start his career. Last time that happened with a White Sox rookie was 1936.

Everybody's favorite whipping boy Tim Anderson 2/4 including a 2 run HR in the 4 run 7th inning. It was his 12 HR.

Moncada 1/4 . Average up to .215 now.

Oh yea Lopez did a good job.

Clippard got another save . In his last 11 games he has an ERA under 1.90 and struck out 12 over 10 innings. He owes his recent success to video work with Cooper to get his mechanics where they were in the past.

Eat s*** Kansas s***ty .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:52 PM)
How did El Rey look?? Couldn't watch was at Billy Joel.

Like a boss compared to some of our other starters . He was K'ing guys early but then they stopped and Moustakas hit 2 HR's off him . He went 6 so no problem there. Had 3 walks, that's a little too many but not excessive.

By the way, the game was AWESOME to be in attendance at. The fireworks display afterwards was phenomenal. Weather was great. I was at a Cubs game 10 days ago and now a Sox and the Sox just have an overall better experience to enjoy a game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 11, 2017 -> 08:39 PM)
When it comes to the Royals, I don't care about draft position or progress from young players. Just sweep their asses. Especially those two corner infielders they have.

I don't care about draft position period. I want our young players to do well and for the Sox to win. This isn't the NBA. #1 pick or #3 pick...big whoop. Young players playing better advances our rebuild effort much more then the difference in a couple of picks.

I like what Anderson is doing. This is all Sox fans want. Signs of him being special. He's been stroking it lately. 12 homers isn't bad. If he had a big final six weeks he could hit 18-20 homers. Again, not bad at all. He really is starting to look comfy hitting in the Cell during this long homestand. Abreu, Moncada and Tim Anderson could be 3/4 of a playoff caliber infield for the next 10 years. Just need a 3B to go with them.

I'm glad to see Delmonico keep getting hits. Two triples in one night is good stuff from Mr. Defense.

Obviously glad with our pitching. Lopez, Rodon at least give the Sox 2 good starters in a 5-man rotation. The rare occasions you get the good Miguel you have 3 guys who can finally win on a given night. Holland and Shields obviously are embarrasments.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 02:29 AM)
he didn't look nervous at all, was good to see

reminded me of the upside of Gavin Floyd

There was nothing he did that reminded me of Floyd, at all. The ball exploded from his hand, he reminded me of the first time I saw Yordano Ventura

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 02:29 AM)
he didn't look nervous at all, was good to see

reminded me of the upside of Gavin Floyd

I would like to hear where this comparison is coming from because there is not a single thing in his arsenal that would remind one of Gavin Floyd.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
There was nothing he did that reminded me of Floyd, at all. The ball exploded from his hand, he reminded me of the first time I saw Yordano Ventura

Yeah I can't get Ventura out of my head either when I look at him.

This was a great debut but def have ammo to both sides on whether he's a long term starter or lights out no piece. His velocity maintained but his stuff took a step back after 3.

QUOTE (ReyLo @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 09:12 AM)
Yeah I can't get Ventura out of my head either when I look at him.

This was a great debut but def have ammo to both sides on whether he's a long term starter or lights out no piece. His velocity maintained but his stuff took a step back after 3.

That's fair. I'm guessing he was a little over amped in the first few innings and might have tired quicker than usual though. I don't think he's going to be throwing 99 and 100 most games, prolly somewhere in the 95-96 range going forward.