Jacob May

Brian Clark

Connor Walsh

Michael Ynoa

Matt Purke

Mark Lowe

Danny Hayes

DJ Peterson

I suspect Covey will be added tomorrow, and whoever goes down will come back up in September. Willy and Davidson will be back on the roster when they get off the DL. Though I suppose Willy may not be back this year.

Obviously they won't add all those guys. My guesses are as follows:

Rymer Liriano

Tyler Danish

Rob Brantley

Danny Farquhar

David Holmberg

Edited by ChiSox59

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
What about our Soxtalk banner boy Cody Asche ?

No point in letting him take ABs from the young guys who are fighting for future spots. He's a good guy to have if you want your AAA team to be competitive, though.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 08:28 PM)
Brantley not on the 40-man.

Don't expect him to come up. What's the point?

I think Liriano has a chance. They need to make a decision on keeping him. Just named IL player of the week.

I expect Covey, Giolito, Liriano and maybe Danish or Fulmer.

They'll call up a third catcher. Every team does. They have room on the 40-man and will just release him after season.

Edited by soxfan2014

Would like to see Danish. He is a guy that will come out of the pen in the future. Mind as well get him innings in low pressure situations. Same with Fulmer.

Giolito is a guy that I would like to see up with the White Sox because I want him to work with Cooper. Give him like 4 starts with the Sox, and just let him soak in the MLB experience. Then start him in Charlotte next year and see if he can come out blazing from the start.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 12:31 AM)
They'll call up a third catcher. Every team does. They have room on the 40-man and will just release him after season.

Hahn even said they would call up a 3rd catcher. It was quite literally the first thing he said when asked about September call ups.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 14, 2017 -> 08:28 PM)
Brantley not on the 40-man.

Don't expect him to come up. What's the point?

Its either Alfredo Gonzalez or Rob Brantley. Alfredo Gonzalez is on the 40 man, but is OPSing .600 in AA. Brantley will be added to the 40 man, and then removed again after the season. If they really needed a spot, they could DFA Gonzalez now instead of after the season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 09:22 AM)
Probably will be brantley but maybe Perez gets call? He's hit as you'd expect but would like to see how his defensive reputation looks in real life.

Carlos Perez? He's still in rookie ball, I don't see him getting a Sept. call-up.

Edot: Just saw your other post and that you meant Roberto Pena.

Edited by Señor Ding-Dong

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Aug 15, 2017 -> 10:34 PM)
I don't even understand why we signed him to begin with. We aren't competing anytime soon we don't need to stash veteran depth in AAA.

I guess they thought he was promising enough to give him a shot in a rebuilding year. On paper, a power hitting 3B/1B/corner OF sounds good. Delmonico has been doing well as the same type of player, though I doubt he can play 3B in the ML outside of emergency situations.

And as for keeping Asche around after we DFA'd him, it's probably just to round out our AAA roster. Same with guys like Everth Cabrera, Tyler Ladendorf, Jason Bourgeois and all those old, washed up relievers we've been acquiring recently.

• 3 weeks later...