• Colorado
    • Baltimore
    • Seattle
    • Other

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:15 PM)
Wait, we got a C+ guy for f***ing Migo? Is this real life? What a job by Hahn, he is stacking chips.

Granted this guy has sucked ass in the low minors but the upside is there and hey if he never pans out others will.

edit: the Sox got 4 fWAR out of Migo in 250 innings. That's amazing. Cooper has some misses but more often than not he delivers results.

Right?!?!? How anyone can not be happy with this is beyond me. Kid definitely has quite a bit of upside and some physical tools. Nice article on SBNation about him a few months back. Maybe a change in scenery will give him a spark.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 04:14 AM)
Gio is already in the big leagues. As is Lopez. Rodon appears to have turned a corner. But yes, because we lost an average starter it's full blown tankathon. DAMN YOU JERRRRY

I really gotta stop getting sucked into your logic blackhole. Within the same hour you will post that the Sox have 7 guaranteed superstars in their farm system, that they will lose 125 games because they don't have a closer, the rotation will be horrific because Shields is the 5th starter, and Gonzo is an incredible talent who will save the Sox from tanking but also will have no suitors in the free agent market.

Gio is here as a late season reward and look see. Lopez is a question mark. I love Rodon. Why don't you understand my logic? I do like our farm system players. Our bullpen will guarantee our suckage next year. Gonzo is not incredible but a suitable No. 4-5. Unlike Shields, Holland, Pelfrey. Some people on here understand greg and feel Greg's posts but don't speak up. A couple have said they understand my posts.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 04:24 AM)
Statistically, he looks like a F hitter. Can't get close to .700 OPS at any minor league level.

Maybe the scouts see something.

Didn't expect much though.

The guy is a 2nd round draft pick, 6-foot-3 and 21. If we had some hitting instructor talent we could develop some guys. Why have a Coop who is excellent and nobody on the position player side to DEVELOP guys. This guy we acqured is a perfect baseball player body wise. Gotta develop him.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 04:48 AM)
If I ever care about Ti'quan Forbes again I will be quite surprised. The bigger upside to this trade is it makes them even worse the last month+ of the season.

Why can't we develop Forbes? Second round draft picks are supposed to have TALENT.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 04:57 AM)
Right?!?!? How anyone can not be happy with this is beyond me. Kid definitely has quite a bit of upside and some physical tools. Nice article on SBNation about him a few months back. Maybe a change in scenery will give him a spark.

He definitely has upside. He has the physical body. Develop him, White Sox.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:48 PM)
If I ever care about Ti'quan Forbes again I will be quite surprised. The bigger upside to this trade is it makes them even worse the last month+ of the season.

Agreed, but I still think they'll duke it out over this last month.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:24 PM)
Statistically, he looks like a F hitter. Can't get close to .700 OPS at any minor league level.

As a 21 year old catcher, Carlos Santana was hitting .223/.318/.370 for the A-ball Dodgers, likely as a part time player.

Your ending thought makes it seem like you are OK with the return, but your prior statements seem like you are questioning it. The Sox are getting a talented player who was a 2nd round pick in 2014 for - hold your britches - ONE MONTH of MIGUEL GONZALEZ. There is nothing to get excited about here, there is nothing to get upset about here.

Like, seriously, there is no way the Sox could ever make you happy. The fact that they traded Gonzalez for anything made me happy.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:24 PM)

Probably, but I doubt teams were tangling top of the line prospects for 4 weeks of Miguel Gonzalez. Chances are, when Hahn's time is done and they go through all his trades and signings, this is one most of us will forget ever happened, but so what? One of these times, the White Sox will strike gold with a guy like this.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 06:11 AM)
Probably, but I doubt teams were tangling top of the line prospects for 4 weeks of Miguel Gonzalez. Chances are, when Hahn's time is done and they go through all his trades and signings, this is one most of us will forget ever happened, but so what? One of these times, the White Sox will strike gold with a guy like this.

Yep trade is worth the gamble regardless.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 06:11 AM)

This trade reminds me so much of the Rios for Leury swap. I hope we have really good luck with Forbes.

On a side note. I do wonder if Texas made this trade to keep MiGo out of Houston and therefore force Houston to make an expensive ( money/prospects ) late season trade for Verlander. Probably nothing but it makes me wonder given how much love the Rangers and Astros have for each other.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 07:09 AM)
Anything you get for Gonzalez is a bonus. I am shocked this happened literally right after he pitched, but very happy. The kid sounds as raw as they come, and hasn't really advanced since he was drafted, but hey. It's a lottery ticket.

The fact that he pitched showed the Sox didn't think anything was going to happen with him. The injury risk at this point is very minor, but the other team gets him for a month, and now he's not available for several days. Not that any team would ever think of Miguel Gonzalez as the savior, but you would think if you were acquiring him for a month, you would want him available from the start.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 31, 2017 -> 11:02 PM)
You wait. Kopech and Gio will not be in the bigs til September next year. Sox will not rush guys in a wasted season. I know I've been up and down on Lopez. I'm not THAT high on him yet. Do you guys think he's a lock to be a No. 2, 3 stud or are u like me and not convinced? I do worship Rodon. I'm convinced he'll be a stud, health permitting.

No chance in hell you are not a troll. Gio up in September? What the f*** are you even talking about?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 07:37 AM)
The fact that he pitched showed the Sox didn't think anything was going to happen with him. The injury risk at this point is very minor, but the other team gets him for a month, and now he's not available for several days. Not that any team would ever think of Miguel Gonzalez as the savior, but you would think if you were acquiring him for a month, you would want him available from the start.

That was my thinking all day yesterday once he took the mound, you don't see trades go down like that very often.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 07:58 AM)
Next season is going to be interesting. With Detroit in full tank, and KC going to be bad, and right around .500 keeps your playoff hopes alive, a few breakouts, who knows. The Sox schedule will feature too many games against horrid teams next year to assume a top of the draft pick anymore.

On the other side, the Twins look like a playoff team, and they have a very good farm system.

And the Indians will be good for a few more years....looks like they got better once Shapiro left town. Et tu, Blue Jays.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 04:22 AM)
Like, seriously, there is no way the Sox could ever make you happy. The fact that they traded Gonzalez for anything made me happy.

Like I said, I didn't expect much, and they didn't get much. This particular player has already been a pro for 4 seasons, hasn't hit at all, and will be Rule 5 eligible next year (as I read the rule), so he isn't my cup of tea among the "lottery ticket" types.

Re Gonzalez, despite an average career, he pitched great the last month, so yes I hoped for something a little better. Didn't expect it, but hoped.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 08:30 AM)
Like I said, I didn't expect much, and they didn't get much. This particular player has already been a pro for 4 seasons, hasn't hit at all, and will be Rule 5 eligible next year (as I read the rule), so he isn't my cup of tea among the "lottery ticket" types.

Re Gonzalez, despite an average career, he pitched great the last month, so yes I hoped for something a little better. Didn't expect it, but hoped.

LMAO. I mean seriously, what are you expecting? I mean too bad Rick Hahn didn't run this by you.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 1, 2017 -> 08:30 AM)

If you would have told me months ago that we would have traded Gonzalez for a former second round pick (still 20-years old), I would have taken that every day of the week.